Telecaster Love-Fest

Zemmy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

haha I hate that control plate mod, looks silly and Id think it would be a PITA to find the switch.

I have trouble with the switch on my Flatline because it switches up and down not sideways, so Its easy to hit while strumming. Luckily down is bridge position which I use all the time anyway. Cant turn the switch because its too wide to fit in the cavity.

grace5d.jpg

I've had 2 tele's in the past... had to sell em for one reason or another but I've been GASing over a G&L ASAT for quite a while now

Fender Blacktop- I HATE where the PUP selector switch is... its impossible to get to while playing.

6884124083_8b0902b7e0_b.jpg

Nashville deluxe

6884122991_47260df2a5_b.jpg
sorry for the crappy phone pic- I took this like 5 or 6 years ago when flip phones still had crappy cameras

• Members
Modded CV Tele with Kent Armstrong Vintage 12N in the neck and BG T-90 in bridge:

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_3922.jpg

Frankentele and Bride of Frankentele:

095.jpg

093.jpg

Still Under Construction:

sxneck.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

Wow! I needed to add a few to this...:thu:

Son of Frankentele: GFS Bound Flametop Paulownia Body and SX Neck, Squier CV pickups and pickguard, Wilkinson Bridge and tuners...:love:

IMG_4393.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

• Members

My friend, Scott's homebrew tele. One piece body was cut from an old mahogany desk. Neck is completely made from scratch and truss rod was fabricated from components picked up at home depot. Duncan Pearly Gates in the neck and Fralin bridge pickup. This guitar plays beautifully! :love:

IMG_4987.jpg

Turser Paisley:

IMG_5006.jpg

La Frankenita:

IMG_5216.jpg

Hanover High School Orchestra fund raiser tele now proudly owned by Hookandcanman:

IMG_5627.jpg

SX Furrian Tele with strat trem...:love:
IMG_5709.jpg

• Members

Be it ever so humble...

SqStdTele.jpg

I decided to look for a Squier Standard because it fit my budget, I prefer the necks on them to the CVs and I prefer the pickups in them to the MIMs. Found this one for $150 including case. Indonesia, made in 2000 at the Cor-tek factory.

I generally prefer maple fingerboards on Teles, but this rosewood one is super sweet.

• Members

Currently my only Tele. It's a partscaster using an Agave Blue MIM body, a Warmoth fatback birdseye maple neck, vintage tuners, a brass Fat Head, a Lollar Charlie Christian neck pickup and a GFS 50s bridge pickup.

I think sometime this year, I'll do some sort of swapping around, either putting the Warmoth neck and the CC pickup in my Squier 51, or I'll buy another body. I like the guitar as it is, but from the beginning, I wanted to have a wood finish on this project. I originally planned on a heavily chambered ash or mahogany body either with the same wood for the top or possibly wenge.

DSC_8713a1800.jpg

DSC_8633a1.jpg

• Members
"Like" is not quite a strong enough word. Love 'em!!!!

A few new arrivals...

Fender Custom Shop...

2004FenderCSPalominoTelecasterFullTopAng

Fender Custom Shop...

TuxTele4.jpg

Fender Custom Shop...

FenderCSShellPinkRelic.jpg

Fender Custom Shop...

2005FenderCS63WhiteBlondDoubleBoundTelec

Trussart...

09TrussartThinline.jpg

Girlbrand...

2004Girlbrand1.jpg

Bluesman Vintage...

BluesManVintage.jpg

Partscaster (all Fender parts)...

DakotaGE-caster1.jpg

you rawk! I love your tele collection! Can you tell us a little more about the Girlbrand and Bluesman brands?

• Members

Currently my only Tele. It's a partscaster using an Agave Blue MIM body, a Warmoth fatback birdseye maple neck, vintage tuners, a brass Fat Head, a Lollar Charlie Christian neck pickup and a GFS 50s bridge pickup.

I think sometime this year, I'll do some sort of swapping around, either putting the Warmoth neck and the CC pickup in my Squier 51, or I'll buy another body. I like the guitar as it is, but from the beginning, I wanted to have a wood finish on this project. I originally planned on a heavily chambered ash or mahogany body either with the same wood for the top or possibly wenge.

DSC_8713a1800.jpg

that looks great. Did the fathead make a difference tonally? What do you think of the CC pup?

• Members

Apologies if I've posted this already, but this is my one and only Tele, a homebuilt job a friend did for me. I'd love to get more Teles but I need to keep a lid on the finances for the foreseeable future.

IMG_0391.jpg

It has a set of BG pickups calibrated for 500k pots, Callaham hardware, one-piece ash body and a Warmoth fatback neck.

IMG_0390.jpg

• Members

that looks great. Did the fathead make a difference tonally? What do you think of the CC pup?

LOVE the Charlie Christian! It's definitely a unique pickup. I'd had the hots for one for a couple years and, to be honest, was 60% of the reason I built it up.

Not sure how much of a difference the Fat Heat makes, but I can't imagine it hurts sustain or teh toanz.

Archived