Telecaster Love-Fest

Zemmy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My humble CV (with G&L ASAT p/u and locking tuners, not done by me, but $149 at GC of all places! It was too strange and cool to pass up...) I do have camera envy:

CVT.jpg

G&L pickups comparison shot (obviously not my camera):

asat.jpg

Diggin' the hell out of it though!

• Members

Just posting here to show off the Tele that showed up on my doorstop today.

goldtop_tele2.jpg

Limited Edition goldtop Fender Telecaster with Dimarzio humbuckers (n-Air Norton, b-Tone Zone), with a coil split on the tone knob. It's thinner and lighter than a standard Tele, plus it's got a smooth heel contour, a gorgeous headstock, and binding on the body and neck. Sounds heavenly through the Hot Rod Deville with a TS9.

goldtop_tele1.jpg

goldtop_tele3.jpg

goldtop_tele4.jpg

goldtop_tele5.jpg

• Members
Just posting here to show off the Tele that showed up on my doorstop today.

goldtop_tele2.jpg

Limited Edition goldtop Fender Telecaster with Dimarzio humbuckers (n-Air Norton, b-Tone Zone), with a coil split on the tone knob. It's thinner and lighter than a standard Tele, plus it's got a smooth heel contour, a gorgeous headstock, and binding on the body and neck. Sounds heavenly through the Hot Rod Deville with a TS9.

goldtop_tele1.jpg

goldtop_tele3.jpg

goldtop_tele4.jpg

goldtop_tele5.jpg

That's just hot.

• Members

That goldtop tele is a revelation to me. I've been gassing for a Schecter PT, and this gives me everything that has (double HB w/splitters, bound, etc.) in an even more appealing package. I had never seen one of these before. When did they make these, and do they come up for sale every now and then? I just checked Ebay and...nothing.

• Members
Is that a translucent or opaque finish? I ask, because in the first picture, you show some pretty damn nice grain, and it'd be a shame to cover it!

its opaque... i had to do a couple super glue repairs to the wood and i was afraid of that showing through if i did a translucent finish. plus i'm a big fan of fiesta red :)

but the guy that made the body is really talented at finding matching pieces of woods and making 3 piece bodies look like 1pc... i think after i put this one together i'm gonna do another ash body with the butterscotch blonde and do my own '52.

• 1 year later...

Archived