Telecaster Love-Fest

Zemmy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's actually not much like a Thinline at all. It's a
neck-thru
with a beautifully sculpted heel, hollow wings and a maple cap. And it's nearly $6K.

D

Then the musiciansfriend catalog has no idea what it's talking about. Damn them, because the way you describe it actually makes me want it now.

• Members
I don't know why because I got the idea from seeing one of Crook's custom Teles with a TV Jones in the neck. They are meant to be together. If you hear one of their PUs in a Tele, you'll probably agree. Amazing cleans and chime, buttery like a P-90. The Rio Grande in the bridge ain't too shabby either.
:thu:

got any examples of a tele with a gretsch pup? would love to hear that. bonus points if it's thru a Vox

• Members

I PLAYED MY FIRST TELE LAST NIGHT! :rawk:

It was a local gig for a band whom my sister does backing vocals for. They're all really cool guys, and I help them pack up afterwards. I don't really know what the genre is... they're, like, folk rock crossed with rock 'n roll and disco :lol:

But the frontman has an MIJ '62 RI Tele in three-tone Sunburst. I can't remember what year, but it's late eighties I think. Pretty much identical to this one:

big%20fender%20tele%2062%20riDSCN9353.jp

Absolutely gorgeous. First real Fender I've played, actually. It felt so magnificent and well built, and it had the best neck I ever felt :love:

I'll always be a Strat guy, but I love Teles too, and now that I've finally played one (albeit unplugged) I have a lot more love for them. I'm really GASing for a Tele of my own now :love:

Pointless transmission over, carry on :lol:

• Members

You guys all suck ass juice!

I spent over $400 yesterday and haven't even ordered the pickguard and pups yet.
Got this from GFS solid ash(several pieces, but solid) all black hardware including Gotoh locking tuners tusq nut and a wormoth tele neck quartersawn maple and ebony with 6150 ss frets.
yhst-50206111187217_2087_6047617TN2390A2.jpg

• Members

Then the musiciansfriend catalog has no idea what it's talking about. Damn them, because the way you describe it actually makes me want it now.

I remembered that I have an old Fender Frontline mag from '97 with an interview with Merle Haggard and his sig model had just been shown at NAMM. In the article it's described as a set neck, but I've seen several and they've all been neck-thru. If you look at the pic of Csapo's, you can see the block of maple at the tail end.

D

• Members
My humble little alder-bodied Squier Affinity Tele in Butterscotch Blonde....

DSC06291.jpg

DSC06293.jpg

Very Nice.............I'm surprised it took so long for one to pop up in this thread

I've got two of these, one is stock and the other is modded beyond recognition.

I'm still amazed at what great guitars these are, every time I pick one up.

• Members
Very Nice.............I'm surprised it took so long for one to pop up in this thread

I'm still amazed at what a great guitars these are, every time I pick one up.

I can't imagine anyone not owning one. I paid $169 for mine three years ago and it has been the best guitar for the $$$ I've ever laid my hands on.

It may have "Squier" on the headstock, but it's a Telecaster in ever way.

One of the smartest purchases I've ever made. :thu:

• Members

That's gotta be the first blue color on a Fender that I didn't like. I hate that color it's ugly

Listen to you. You act like I went to where you work and knocked the dick outta your mouth. For future reference, if I want any {censored} out of you I'll squeeze your head. Begone pest.

Archived