Telecaster Love-Fest

Zemmy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In this pic, the Rosewood had a Duncan Broadcaster Lead pickup. It was a tad thin so I swapped it for a Jerry Donahue model, and now it sounds fat AND has a sweet snarl to it. Rad.

Wow great, I'm was leaning towards the Jerry Donahue model as my replacement pup for the bridge of my Mini-HB Tele. From what I could tell of the sound clips on the SD website I liked that it had a little fatter sound.

• Members
Wader2k, what the {censored}...hottest tele ever.
:eek:

I will build a tele next time i have a sec.

lol.....yup, i think so. ..... i can't remember where I grabbed the pic here....i asked the guy about it and he never responded. I'd like to know who built it.

• Members

Hey, Csapo, you don't need that many Teles. Maybe you could send one my way, start whittling down the herd.

XD

wait . . . . he doesn't actually own all those, does he?

although the backgrounds are the same on most of the photos... hmmm

• Members

Yeah... he does... Or did at one point. He has like eleventy fifty and a half teles or something like that.

:lol:

• Members

Yes he does.

Well actually there are 3 of all those, which I have sold. The Copper '52RI, the Black (with White Guard) '52RI and the Red (with White Guard) AV Thinline.

I consider myself very fortunate to own all of my Telecasters and love them all...

• Members

If you described this guitar to me without a picture I would probably tell you it sounds awful, but I would be SO wrong!

:love:
this tele!

I don't know why because I got the idea from seeing one of Crook's custom Teles with a TV Jones in the neck. They are meant to be together. If you hear one of their PUs in a Tele, you'll probably agree. Amazing cleans and chime, buttery like a P-90. The Rio Grande in the bridge ain't too shabby either. :thu:

• Members
Oh hey guys, saw this in the new Musiciansfriend catalog.

452740.jpg

Merle Haggard Signature, thinline without the f-holes.

It's actually not much like a Thinline at all. It's a neck-thru with a beautifully sculpted heel, hollow wings and a maple cap. And it's nearly $6K.

D

Archived