GFS Bodies and Necks are For sale now!

AGF Mikey

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would like to propose this:

1. If you are dissatisfied with GFS, start a thread on the topic. All those who are indeed dissatisfied can post in there as well.

2. Similarly, if you want to sing the praises of GFS, please do so in a separate thread.

3. If you have questions, remarks, feedback, criticisms, quibbles and whatever the hell else related to those specific body parts that are currently the original focus of this thread, then please let's post here.

Bottom line: I don't think that those who posted negatively against GFS really accomplished much except maybe to use their right to express themselves. Similarly, I don't think that some of Jay's remarks, however entertaining they may be to some, really did much to help the situation any - let alone made he or his business look all that stellar. I think that in the heat of passion, certain things are typed on both sides that, if they are in good faith, they probably would admit that they'd like to take them back.

For example, if someone doesn't know Highway 61, and read some of these posts as their first posts of his, they're probably not impressed and may be quick to judge him as a "trouble maker" or a malcontent. And I think the opposite is true as well in terms of some of Jay's remarks in this thread. Whether someone "started first" or not is best left to kindergardeners. Again, if someone's first encounter with GFS is the post where he alludes to not wanting to copulate with someone's wife even using someone else's penis, I am not sure that that really reflects what GFS or Jay are about. I truly believe that, while neither side of this debate will see eye to eye, they can both gain from refraining from these extra curricular posts.

As an aside, I have enjoyed the respective contributions of both Jay and Highway 61 - outside of this thread
;)
- for a while, and I hope to be able to continue to do so for a long time without all this negativity getting in the way of said enjoyment.

I am now officially off my damn soapbox.

I wouldn't {censored} you with your dick!

or whatever :freak:

glad to see someone else who realizes that whether you agree with him or not, Highway 61 is not just some silly {censored}-stirrer here at HC -- I've had great interaction with him, as well as a maddening argument or two -- the {censored}er is tenacious :D and a valuable part of this forum, even if he doesn't have his own PartsMart

it seems mostly the newer guys are taking their shots at H61, and probably have only seen his GFS posts - he's not just the "gfs troll"

from what I've read, Jay has a {censored}load of knowledge about guitars, amps and parts that we could all benefit from - Frets99 says the dude knows his {censored}, and I like the Fretsman -- I wish everyone would quit wasting time and space here asking about specs on {censored}ing nine dollar pickups and allow Jay to spread some of his expertise and knowledge around -- cuz honestly, I'm not learning {censored} from a lot of you, except that you know how to hotlink titty pictures and you either love or hate Reverends :p:D

• Members

Here's my "Jackson" neck on my squier

t2.jpg

I bought the wrong one by mistake - I got the one with the straight edges which is supposed to go all the way up to the neck pickup. A little quick work in the shop fixed it up.

Thoughts:
-It plays very well
-It brightened up the guitar just a bit
-There is some glue/gunk visible around the frets
-The binding isn't perfect near the nut

all in all I am quite happy with it. I paid ~$46 for the neck, and $22 for the tuners (which I needed anyways).

• Members
Here's my "Jackson" neck on my squier

t2.jpg

I bought the wrong one by mistake - I got the one with the straight edges which is supposed to go all the way up to the neck pickup. A little quick work in the shop fixed it up.

Thoughts:

-It plays very well

-It brightened up the guitar just a bit

-There is some glue/gunk visible around the frets

-The binding isn't perfect near the nut

all in all I am quite happy with it. I paid ~$46 for the neck, and $22 for the tuners (which I needed anyways).

Damn you!

You took my idea! I have a black strat-like body and I was about to order the parts to make a one-humbucker 24 fret version of strat. I only botched the idea because I couldn't get past the $50 shipping fee to Denmark.

The idea is still haunting me, though.

I wouldn't {censored} you with your dick!

or whatever
:freak:

glad to see someone else who realizes that whether you agree with him or not, Highway 61 is not just some silly {censored}-stirrer here at HC -- I've had great interaction with him, as well as a maddening argument or two -- the {censored}er is tenacious
:D
and a valuable part of this forum, even if he doesn't have his own PartsMart

it seems mostly the newer guys are taking their shots at H61, and probably have only seen his GFS posts - he's not just the "gfs troll"

from what I've read, Jay has a {censored}load of knowledge about guitars, amps and parts that we could all benefit from - Frets99 says the dude knows his {censored}, and I like the Fretsman -- I wish everyone would quit wasting time and space here asking about specs on {censored}ing nine dollar pickups and allow Jay to spread some of his expertise and knowledge around -- cuz honestly, I'm not learning {censored} from a lot of you, except that you know how to hotlink titty pictures and you either love or hate Reverends
:p:D

Every time I read the last part .... I laugh...

• Members
I've never had a shredder type guitar before... but for 95 bucks... I figured what the hell.... Damn impulse purchases!!!

yhst-50206111187217_1949_5166241.jpgyhst-50206111187217_1949_5202160.jpg

I had that in my cart twice and buyers-remorsed-out. Good luck with it and when you get it built, hook us up with some pictures!

• Members
I've never had a shredder type guitar before... but for 95 bucks... I figured what the hell.... Damn impulse purchases!!!

yhst-50206111187217_1949_5166241.jpgyhst-50206111187217_1949_5202160.jpg

Damn, I have a old ibby with a messed up neck. That would be perfect with the all black hardware from my ibby.

• Members

Sorry guys haven't had a chance to read through this wacky thread lately-

More stuff posted Friday I think- Maybe Saturday-

More neck throughs- more neck/body kits- some better stuff too!!

Yeah looks like a few orders got {censored}ed up and we've made them right with the customers- Again- if you got a beef over anything let me know and I'll fix it.

• Members

My Strat style neck arrived, and while it's not Warmoth quality, for 42 bucks it is excellent. My only issue: the nut slot is not completley parallel to the frets, we'll see if that's an issue after I strung it up, which will be a little while. I'm putting it on a Mighty Mite body I had lying around that's being stripped right now. I'm planning on finishing it with black nitro from stewmac and make a "Blackie".

Question for you finishing guys: Can I overspray this finished GFS neck (it's probably poly finish, but seems to be very thin) with 1 or 2 coats of tinted nitro?
Will that mess up the existing finish?

• Members

Odds are damn good that it's poly, in which case feel free to spray nitro on top - heck, feel free to spray paint stripper, acid, molten lava or nuclear waste on top. That stuff is pretty much impenetrable by chemicals; at least it seems to be when you're trying to strip it.

• Members
That stuff is pretty much impenetrable by chemicals; at least it seems to be when you're trying to strip it.

Very good point. I'm stripping a poly body now (using Aircraft Remover) and it's tedious as hell.
Thank you Funderbunk!:wave:

Archived