GFS Bodies and Necks are For sale now!

AGF Mikey

• Members

Necks are a mix of catalyzed urethane satin- some in lacquer sanding sealer only- (Lucky devils) and some finished in Truoil- a self hardening tung oil like materials- The urethane and sanding sealer necks take nitro like a champ- The tung il necks cannot be finished without sanding off the Truoil. But 90% of them have the urethane so you're safe.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Strat style neck arrived, and while it's not Warmoth quality, for 42 bucks it is excellent. My only issue: the nut slot is not completley parallel to the frets, we'll see if that's an issue after I strung it up, which will be a little while. I'm putting it on a Mighty Mite body I had lying around that's being stripped right now. I'm planning on finishing it with black nitro from stewmac and make a "Blackie".

Question for you finishing guys: Can I overspray this finished GFS neck (it's probably poly finish, but seems to be very thin) with 1 or 2 coats of tinted nitro?

Will that mess up the existing finish?

I got my neck and nut and agree, for $ 42.00 it's great quality. Finishing it is right up my alley. The one thing that does piss me off, is I have to cut my own nut slot. I wish Jay would have mentioned this in the description. I thought i only had to glue the nut in.

No knock on Jay, I've been a happy customer since his early Ebay days, just wish it was described as unsloted. Done plenty of mods and refinishes, but cutting the nut slot is best left to a pro, not a weekend warrior.

• Members

Any idea when these bodies will be listed again?
After battling throat cancer,and my job moving to Mexico,I have been tryiing to get back into guitar.
I am playing on borrowed equiptment right now.

• Members

After battling throat cancer,and my job moving to Mexico,I have been tryiing to get back into guitar.

Hey check out www.rondomusic.net they have Strat and Tele copies for around 120 delivered!
The SX guitars get alot of love around here.

• Members

Hey man, that sucks. What kind of axe are you trying to put together? I've got a bunch of parts lying around here, if I've got anything you can use, I'll send it to ya.

• 5 years later...
  • Members

Rileyrealguitars wrote:

Tried a tele neck- totally different from what they described and pictured. Had a strat heel and faulty truss rod.  They simply denied everything i complained about and said that it was all normal.  Good luck with that GF!

Holy {censored}ing old thread!

Pics or you pulled apart a Silvertone and stuck your weiner in the pickup routes.

Archived