GFS Bodies and Necks are For sale now!

AGF Mikey

• Members

Yeah, the flames and OCC logo were almost enough to make me resist... I'm pretty sure they'll have to go. But the other features are pretty dang slick, so I was willing to grab it for the "projects that'll need a bit more work" parts pile.

slightly OT, but not really...

How do you adjust pickup height with rear-mounted pups?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

slightly OT, but not really...

How do you adjust pickup height with rear-mounted pups?

I'm guessing just like on front mounted pickups - just imagine taking a pickup mounting ring (with screws, springs, etc.) out of your guitar, and flipping the pickup over.

• Members

Profit?? Who Needs Profit??

Honestly we're selling many of these below what we paid, some for a few bucks more- Should be a wash whenwe're done- But yeah I hope guys buy their pickups and stuff from us- And if this whole ordeal turns out to be a sucess on the parts/pickups side we'll have a stable of regular, inventoried necks and bodies at cheap prices.

Jay

You know, I almost can't blame him when you guys spoonfeed him the opportunity for self-aggrandizement, and I do believe that these prices represent a great value, and I also believe that there are some items that have almost no profit built in, and I also believe that he is hoping to increase all sales via sales of these guitar remnants. But this is why this guy is so annoying.

He needs to go overboard and say that it'll all be a wash, that he will just be breaking even, and blah, blah, blah...

He probably bought these remnants for an unbelievable lot price. These remnants were all overstocks, blems, etc. that were sold off to clear warehouses.

He buys them, and sells them, and makes a profit for a lot of work annd risktaking.

Kudos and props.

But to come here and start this it's all going to be a wash crap sticks in the craw.

The sound you hear is me being added to more ignore lists. You guys are adults, though: you should see through this act yourself. (Of course, some/many of you do.)

• Members
You know, I almost can't blame him when you guys spoonfeed him the opportunity for self-aggrandizement, and I do believe that these prices represent a great value, and I also believe that there are some items that have almost no profit built in, and I also believe that he is hoping to increase all sales via sales of these guitar remnants.
But
this is why this guy is so annoying.

He needs to go overboard and say that it'll all be a wash, that he will just be breaking even, and blah, blah, blah...

He probably bought these remnants for an unbelievable lot price. These remnants were all overstocks, blems, etc. that were sold off to clear warehouses.

He buys them, and sells them, and makes a profit for a lot of work annd risktaking.

Kudos and props.

But to come here and start this it's all going to be a wash crap sticks in the craw.

The sound you hear is me being added to more ignore lists. You guys are adults, though: you should see through this act yourself. (Of course, some/many of you do.)

I'd sell them at a slight loss to get ,more people buying pickups/ HW. It's great marketing, especially for a small/ newer/ growing company. If you think about it, this is really, really cheap advertising.

• Members
The sound you hear is me being added to more ignore lists.

Whoa, I didn't even know we had ignore lists on these forums. Thanks dude, now I can finally stop listening to your bull{censored} permanently.

• Members

I do believe that these prices represent a great value, and I also believe that there are some items that have almost no profit built in, and I also believe that he is hoping to increase all sales via sales of these guitar remnants.
But

This is why you're so annoying. You seems to maintain this stance that you're just trying to cut through the hype, etc., like you're some kind of consumer advocate for truth and justice, and I think it's all a bunch of passive aggressive bull.

I can't say I'm surprised that you're here stirring up more crap - I'm only surprised it took you 4 pages of replies to chime in.

• Members

You know, I almost can't blame him when you guys spoonfeed him the opportunity for self-aggrandizement, and I do believe that these prices represent a great value, and I also believe that there are some items that have almost no profit built in, and I also believe that he is hoping to increase all sales via sales of these guitar remnants.
But

Kudos and props.

Honestly, tell us: did Jay bang your wife? I'm not kissing his ass or something, but I think there's some great stuff he's selling and thousands of people love it. I'm not saying the GFS stuff is the best in the world. But for these prices, you can't go wrong.

• Members

Bang his wife- Dude I wouldn't {censored} her with YOUR dick....

Hey Frets99- Did I NOT tell you when you were at our place that H61 would chime in?? I'm like Nostradamus over here.

So douchebag- GO FIND solid poplar finished bodies from ANY factory in the word for $40- Go ahead. GO FIND Licensed Strat necks for $45- PLEASE tell me where I can get more??? GO FIND me flamed maple finished bodies for under $50- PLEASE- OEM cost for most of these parts as finished guitars work out to anywhere from $120-$350. That's cost if you buy 5000 pcs. Sure there are the bottom of the line basswood strats with Sycamore necks where OEM is like $50 plus freight- but we don't have any of those.

It's easy to be an internet tough guy and talk a lot of smack- You all know who I am- what my real name is and where I'm located. Not hiding behind annonymity.

Don't like me or my stuff- GO THE {censored} AWAY and don't buy from me. And those stupid bastards that keep coming back- well guess they're gonna have all the fun. Got an opinion on a product of ours that you have actually touched- feel free to chime in- you're entitled to an informed opinion- just not a dumb, ignorant opinion.

Now go get your shinebox....

• Members

Please continue to post a "post" when new stuff is up.

I agree. It is likely NOT a wash. But I understand who Jay is, and why he says what he does and I don't see why you have a problem with it. It is a persona, ok.

And this thread made me laugh hard so far. :D
So keep it up!
poke.gif

• Members

^^ So... I guess that means the neck heels and neck pockets are all manufacturer specs from whatever manufacturer is mentioned.

What about fret sizes and such?

Yeah sorry about that- If you NEED to know exactly what a piece is before buying PLEASE DO NOT purchase.

I have far too many to list over the next few months, and prices will be in this range- so even if you get something you can't use- just ebay it and make a few bucks. If you have a file and a screwdriver you should be able to build a guitar out of any of this stuff.

So you're gonna get more vague descriptions- nothing I can do about it.

And yeah if it's a wash I'm lucky- Perhaps you've heard of PAYROLL- I have to pay people to inventory this and photograph it and list it and pack it and ship it, and in some cases that adds a LOt to the cost- But so far so good- you guys are adding lots of hardware and pickups to the orders so we're happy.

And for those who have asked- If you see something you want and it pops into your cart BUY IT RIGHT AWAY- Then come back later and add pickups etc- email me and I'll credit you back one of the shipping charges- But if you don't buy these things fast they'll be gone.

And we won't be listing them every single day- probably 3 times a week.

Jay

• Members
Yeah sorry about that- If you NEED to know exactly what a piece is before buying
PLEASE DO NOT purchase.

Done and done. :thu:

No offence, I mean I realise you're a busy guy and all, and you probably just need to get rid of this stuff quick time but some people just need specs. I guess this 'aint for me.

Thanks for your time anyways Jay. ;)

• Members

6No I hear you-

We decided to list each piece separately to avoid someone getting something different than the picture- But frankly to measure each piece would take a lifetime- NO GUTS NO GLORY.

That's what the MEDIUM BASTARD file is for- no?? To make {censored} fit!

• Members

6No I hear you-

We decided to list each piece separately to avoid someone getting something different than the picture- But frankly to measure each piece would take a lifetime- NO GUTS NO GLORY.

That's what the MEDIUM BASTARD file is for- no?? To make {censored} fit!

Don't forget the magical persuadin' powers of a Dremel tool... and a bigass hammer.

You might never end up with a playable guitar, but by god, the pieces will fit together!

• Members

It's clearly a crapshoot, but I trust Jay.

And I trust my ability to flog it off, if it's not what I need.

If the 3 on a side necks that I bought turn out to get me a chunkier neck for my Retro H then it will have been a MAJOR score. That's why I bought two. intending to sell the one (or both) that I wind up not needing. I'm pretty sure you can make money selling this stuff on ebay. and rightfully too. With the limited qty, it is about who got there and got it.

• Members

Hoe to have them up first week of June- Two flavors- one with an upper mid bump for you shredders- one with a lower mid bump for you Devil worshippers.

Jay

oohh I like the sound of that second one there

Archived