GFS Bodies and Necks are For sale now!

AGF Mikey

• Members

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guitarfetish viewpost.gif

Don't you love the "Internet Professor" thing douchebags like this pull??

You say- "Asshole go away" and he replies "Sir, obviously you are incapable of composing a sentence without degrading both yourself, your company and the United States of America, a country founded on the principles of Liberty and Justice for all. As Thomas Jefferson said.." I love that {censored}.

Hey dick- I'M SMARTER THAN YOU- get over it.

Yes Dream 90's suck- sold over 10,000 of them. Yes mean 90's suck- we sell out each production run in 7 days. Yes I'm a dick, that's why people buy from me all day long. Yes the Lil Killers suck, that's why some guys are on their TWENTIETH set! I have repair shops that buy these from me straight up at retail price by the dozen... Guess they're all wrong and you're right. [END of Quote]

Unethical use of quotation marks. I never said what has been placed in quotes.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's some of the good buzz from other forums. From the Telecaster Forum:

"

January 8th, 2007, 09:19 AM

I tried several different types in the Squier 51 I used to have and I didn't like any of them. They just sounded like cheap pickups to me. I won't be buying any more pickups from GFS.

But they are very cheap so it shouldn't bankrupt you to try one or 2.

And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist and accuses me of price snobbery, consider that I have a set of 30 dollar Mighty Mite pickups in my strat in preference to the CS54/Fat50s/57-62/Holy Grail/Hot Gold sets I tried. I trust my own ears, not my wallet...or other peoples' enthusiastic opinions.

All you can do is get some and see what you think.

refin

January 8th, 2007, 01:04 PM

Greg R

January 8th, 2007, 09:34 PM

I've heard alot about the GFS brand. Mostly good. I need of set of PAF type pickups. Think I'll give them a look. Thanks guys.

Greg

lostpick

January 8th, 2007, 10:06 PM

I had a Ebayed Dream 90 that I resold

and did not install because I

thought it looked like it was built

cheap...was I wrong??

That D90 was my last, give em another chance

purchase....

Bought a 70s six barrel bridge from them last year..

felt like the envelope was empty I grabbed

it...no weight..no mass..chintzy..installed it...

way, worse tone than a MIM bridge..

Before that...

Tortoise guard had a huge blem, sent it back for

White pearl was a cheap 2 ply, sent it back..

lost big in the end from ship costs...final conclusion>>>

Korean OEM stuff.... overhyped....over exuberant

descriptions are always a red flag to me...

Has anybody objectively compared a GFS closely

to a respectable middle quality PUP...like a Fender

Vintage Set or Duncans??

_________

[End of Quoted Material]

• Members

Here's some more excellent buzz from another forum, this one the Dean forum:

"PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are SO many custom pickup guys, it's really silly. And the more of these guys I talk to, the more I find out they really don't know a lot about pickup tech. Most of the guys basically pull a DiMarzio Super Distortion, a Duncan '59, JB and a few others apart, and make copies. The copies don't sound exact, so they just say they made it that way on purpose.

"Oh yeah, we tried real hard to get rid of that... and add that over there..."

I pay a hundred bucks a pair for custom wound pickups. I still love my JBs and Super Distortions though.

DOA Member #04-00255

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just a little taken back by the praise of the GFS pups. Unless I was very unlucky, I played their single coil in a Nashville Tele and the first one sound great but had outrageous harmonics that were uncontrollable. The second version of the same pickup had the same microphonics and sounded "dead". Maybe I caught a Monday and Friday set of circumstances. Anyway, I love Gibsons (sorry!), the dimarzios and the Dean Czech set. The Duncans (pardon me) sound a little "soft and muddy at times. I still like the JB for solos. I'll keep you posted once I get the Z from Tone Deaf! At $60 a pair they are worth a try....

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you look at the guitars people are putting GFS pickups in, you'll see they're mostly on the inexpensive side. These guys don't likely have anything to compare too. I don't know anyone who took out DiMarzios or Duncans and put in the GFS version of it, and went wow...

[End of Quoted Material]

• Members

Hey

People are entitiled to their opinions.

If a guy bought some pickups from us and hated them- What can I say- vote with your wallet and buy from another source. If the customer contacts us directly we'll do what we can to swap them into a pickup that is more to their liking.

I don't think we've ever claimed to be the absolute best pickup and parts supplier in the universe- that's just nonsense. But that also does not meanthat many, many of our pickups sound far better than the pricier competition. We would not be doing this level of busines if our products and service sucked. You can bash your head against the wall all day long and that fact will not change. I trust as we roll out all of the new product over the next year our growth curve will stay straght as an arrow.

I think we provide exceptional value, and have really laid bare a lot of fallacies propogated by the "Corporate" pickup and parts suppliers.

I'm sure if you Google you can find several dozen more people who hated their GFS pickups, Hated the service, hated the product- whatever. That's the way it is.

But also you might want to notice the ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND satisifed customers we've serviced in our 3 years in existence. Perhaps that math is some thing professors like you can handle. Or the ridiculously high repeat customer rate we have- three times the online average.

So you can lecture me all you want, but the TRUTH is what matters.

Come on- I'm begging you- ONE GOOD LECTURE. Or correct some more of my grammar- There's two hundred typos on our website- start quoting them- one by one- come on- please??

• Members

Jay, I have another pickup question. I bought a set of crunchy PAF's two months ago, a black bridge and a zebra neck pickup. I'm selling the bridge pickup, because I want another zebra, it looks better imo. Now my question is: does the zebra version have more output than the black one (someone on the Epiphone forum said that, doubt it, but still had to ask)?

• Members

Getting ready for the next round of goodies. Question for you Jay, or others in the know.

I had an Agile with a set of Dream 180s - I really miss the warmth of the neck. I am leaning towards trying a FAT PAF in the bridge but I'm wondering...

Which is a warmer neck pickup: Dream 180 or FAT PAF?

• Members

Oh, oh! I want to play!

I posted a short time ago that I think your Alnico FatBody pickup is excellent, that it is the best choice to replace a Tele neck pup someone is unhappy
with

Ending a sentence with preposition is incorrect grammar. The sentence should have been: "I posted a short time ago that I think your Alnico FatBody pickup is excellent, that it is the best choice to replace a Tele neck pickup with which someone is unhappy."

It's strange. All this typing and mental masturbation and yet I still haven

• Members

Ad populum fallacy.

Um, didn't you immediately follow this post with a completely one-sided list of bad reviews of GFS? If you are going to argue with rhetoric that sounds smart to you, you may want to begin with a smart argument.

• Members

Hey this is like a sport.. and I'm keeping score.

On the Crunchy Pafs- All are the same- though obviously uncovered pickups tend to be a little crisper and a little stronger- covers mellow em out a bit.

DO remember that we improve these all the time so a Cruchy from last year is wound a little hotter than the new ones- but the new ones sound SOO much better and output volume is nearly identical.

• Members

Um, didn't you immediately follow this post with a completely one-sided list of bad reviews of GFS? If you are going to argue with rhetoric that sounds smart to you, you may want to begin with a smart argument.

Keep in mind fellas-

This is just one in a series of forumites who decided that I'm the bad guy, then furiously looked around for proof to back up their claim. Sooner or later then decide to buy more stuff from us and they go away.

Last Time i checked Musicians friend had a website full for stuff for sale, so not sure why the obsession with lil ole me...

• Members

Keep in mind fellas-

This is just one in a series of forumites who decided that I'm the bad guy, then furiously looked around for proof to back up their claim. Sooner or later then decide to buy more stuff from us and they go away.

Last Time i checked Musicians friend had a website full for stuff for sale, so not sure why the obsession with lil ole me...

Because MF is not going to give the little attention whore a response

• Members

People are obsessed with you because you have "fetish" in your company name. :D :D It makes buying pickups seem like a dirty little secret.

• Members

Sorry that's $16. The box, bubble wrap and UPS ground are between $14-$22 according to where it's shipping.

wow, i guess that's about right. a 10lb box shipped ups ground from you to me is rated at $11.24, but if you factor in your box and bubble wrap.

• Members

OK, since this seems to have turned into a Jay-bashing attempt so I have to add my 2 cents.

My first order was for a crunchy PAF for my son's first guitar. We wanted a bridge model and Jay senta neck model. When I e-mailed him, he sent (without warning) a bridge model right away- just said to send the other one back as soon as we could. Not bad!

I just finished Gold Top Tele with the split humbuckers from Jay and they sound exactly the way he said they would. I couldn't be happier. Maybe not everyone has had perfect experiences with him, but I have no complaints.

When I can afford another Tele-clone I plan to install a set of his pickups.
Hmmmmmm. . . maybe one of those pre-amps would be cool, too.

• Members

More positive feedback here:

My roommate just purchased a set of the Memphis 'buckers to put in his Explorer on my recommendation. They absolutely kick and are exactly as described on the website. They mate very very well with his AC30. A great side effect is that his Gibby now looks robotic. :thu:

The only problem is the jealousy. I used to have all the jangle...

Archived