GFS Bodies and Necks are For sale now!

AGF Mikey

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay guys, simpleton question from a noob modder.

Is it a very complicated process to measure up the bridge location on those LP bodies?

Both the cherry and tobacco sunburst mahogany bodies look like they have some major potential.

• Members

since the guitarfetish guy is here...

what I would really like from guitarfetish is a quality double locking floyd trem. I have the single locking cheapo trem you sell on my project guitar, and for $40 it does what I want, but I would really like to buy a nicer unit. I would be willing to pay $75-$120 depending on quality and I'm sure many others would too.

key features I would love to see:
-fine pitch threads on the posts
-hardened steel knife edges
-chunky trem block for good sustain

• Members

Sweet looking axe...but that OCC logo is begging to be relic'ed off.

Dammit, I bought another....

yhst-50206111187217_1948_13598027
yhst-50206111187217_1948_13659837

Rear mounted pickups? Recessed jack area? I'm there.

(probably refinish it, or at least try to eliminate the OCC logo...)

• Members
You know, I almost can't blame him when you guys spoonfeed him the opportunity for self-aggrandizement, and I do believe that these prices represent a great value, and I also believe that there are some items that have almost no profit built in, and I also believe that he is hoping to increase all sales via sales of these guitar remnants.
But
this is why this guy is so annoying.

He needs to go overboard and say that it'll all be a wash, that he will just be breaking even, and blah, blah, blah...

He probably bought these remnants for an unbelievable lot price. These remnants were all overstocks, blems, etc. that were sold off to clear warehouses.

He buys them, and sells them, and makes a profit for a lot of work annd risktaking.

Kudos and props.

But to come here and start this it's all going to be a wash crap sticks in the craw.

The sound you hear is me being added to more ignore lists. You guys are adults, though: you should see through this act yourself. (Of course, some/many of you do.)

dude, do you ever tire of your own bull{censored}?

i can only imagine how difficult you must be to live with... you never, {censored}ing never, give up. it's old, tired and worn out !!!

WTF ???

We all know you hate GFS and Jay, so you really don't need to post in these threads any longer..., okay???

:wave:

• Members

Bang his wife- Dude I wouldn't {censored} her with YOUR dick....

Hey Frets99- Did I NOT tell you when you were at our place that H61 would chime in?? I'm like Nostradamus over here.

So douchebag- GO FIND solid poplar finished bodies from ANY factory in the word for $40- Go ahead. GO FIND Licensed Strat necks for $45- PLEASE tell me where I can get more??? GO FIND me flamed maple finished bodies for under $50- PLEASE- OEM cost for most of these parts as finished guitars work out to anywhere from $120-$350. That's cost if you buy 5000 pcs. Sure there are the bottom of the line basswood strats with Sycamore necks where OEM is like $50 plus freight- but we don't have any of those.

It's easy to be an internet tough guy and talk a lot of smack- You all know who I am- what my real name is and where I'm located. Not hiding behind annonymity.

Don't like me or my stuff- GO THE {censored} AWAY and don't buy from me. And those stupid bastards that keep coming back- well guess they're gonna have all the fun. Got an opinion on a product of ours that you have actually touched- feel free to chime in- you're entitled to an informed opinion- just not a dumb, ignorant opinion.

Now go get your shinebox....

Dude, I am so not afraid of you. That's laughable, absolutely laughable.

When you say to "GO THE F*CK AWAY," it belies how you think this forum is yours. This is HarmonyCentral, not GFS Central. Start your own discussion board, use your own bandwidth, before you start telling anyone to go away.

It's sad that you can't express yourself without vulgarity. You are a fine businessman, yes indeed.

And you are illiterate, too, it seems, because I clearly said that the items represented a good value, et cetera, but it's all lost on the dim.

But you know, if you would stop pretending that you are a forumite brother to all your nothing-more-than-customer "buddies" here and would actually read some threads other than the ones you start or the ones you scan for when you search for your name, you would see my posts--ignorant, informed and otherwise.

I posted a short time ago that I think your Alnico FatBody pickup is excellent, that it is the best choice to replace a Tele neck pup someone is unhappy with. Was that an informed opinion, Jay? Or was that an ignorant one? I guess, because it praises you, it's an informed one. Hmmm..

Here's some of your other products I have purchased from you:

Dream 90 = a real hoax, not in any way shape or form a 90 or a dream. To say it was an HB-sized P90 did injustice to anyone trying to market an HB-sized 90, which was verified by your introduction of an improved Dream 90, which was marginally improved, I guess, (I bought a set of those, as well), but again, was neither a 90 or a dream. And when the Dream 90 could no longer be "improved," you started hawking the Mean 90. I didn't buy that one, but other forumites stated that it wasn't mean and it wasn't a 90.

Then, there was the Lil Killer, Jay, which might have been the most anemic blade bridge pup I have ever heard.

So, there you go, Jay. The Alnico Fatbody is an excellent pickup. Everything else I bought was overhyped and bland..

Which of my opinions is ignorant and which is informed?

To whoever said that I waited four pages to say something, please know that I'm not like you: I don't spend an entire day in front of the screen refreshing HarmonyCentral.

Alright all you Pavlovian tab readers, it's time for you to rally around your buddy Jay, now. Got your "blah icons" ready?

Okay, go!

• Members
Dude, I am so not afraid of you. That's laughable, absolutely laughable.

When you say to "GO THE F*CK AWAY," it belies how you think this forum is yours. This is HarmonyCentral, not GFS Central. Start your own discussion board, use your own bandwidth, before you start telling anyone to go away.

It's sad that you can't express yourself without vulgarity. You are a fine businessman, yes indeed.

And you are illiterate, too, it seems, because I clearly said that the items represented a good value, et cetera, but it's all lost on the dim.

But you know, if you would stop pretending that you are a forumite brother to all your nothing-more-than-customer "buddies" here and would actually read some threads other than the ones you start or the ones you scan for when you search for your name, you would see my posts--ignorant, informed and otherwise.

I posted a short time ago that I think your Alnico FatBody pickup is excellent, that it is the best choice to replace a Tele neck pup someone is unhappy with. Was that an informed opinion, Jay? Or was that an ignorant one? I guess, because it praises you, it's an informed one. Hmmm..

Here's some of your other products I have purchased from you:

Dream 90 = a real hoax, not in any way shape or form a 90 or a dream. To say it was an HB-sized P90 did injustice to anyone trying to market an HB-sized Dream 90, which was verified by your introduction of an improved Dream 90, which was marginally improved, I guess, (I bought a set of those, as well), but again, was neither a 90 or a dream. And when the Dream 90 could no longer be "improved," you started hawking the Mean 90. I didn't buy that one, but other forumites stated that it wasn't mean and it wasn't a 90.

Then, there was the Lil Killer, Jay, which might have been the most anemic blade bridge pup I have ever heard.

So, there you go, Jay. The Alnico Fatbody is an excellent pickup. Everything else I bought was overhyped and bland..

Which of my opinions is ignorant and which is informed?

To whoever said that I waited four pages to say something, please know that I'm not like you: I don't spend an entire day in front of the screen refreshing HarmonyCentral.

Alright all you Pavlovian tab readers, it's time for you to rally around your buddy Jay, now. Got your "blah icons" ready?

Okay, go!

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

:D

• Members

Honestly, if you're willing to pop $120, you might as well get a Ping version from axcessories.com for $140.

well ideally I would be spending less than $120

but if Jay doesn't make one in the next year I'll end up getting the ping

• Members

Is it a very complicated process to measure up the bridge location on those LP bodies?

Both the cherry and tobacco sunburst mahogany bodies look like they have some major potential.

nah it's pretty easy don't sweat it

• Members

i think you should build one dude :thu:

• Members

The problem with the double lockers is that there are like three common molds out there- and they all suck- They all hang up and the knife edges wear out etc.- So yeah I'm gonna try and get the straight hardened steel plate made so it can accept a standard Floyd block and then we'll be all good. The single lock came about just cause I hated cutting the stings, and the gradual ramp of the saddles works like a charm.

regarding my number one fan here-

Don't you love the "Internet Professor" thing douchebags like this pull??

You say- "Asshole go away" and he replies "Sir, obviously you are incapable of composing a sentence without degrading both yourself, your company and the United States of America, a country founded on the principles of Liberty and Justice for all. As Thomas Jefferson said.." I love that {censored}.

Hey dick- I'M SMARTER THAN YOU- get over it.

Yes Dream 90's suck- sold over 10,000 of them. Yes mean 90's suck- we sell out each production run in 7 days. Yes I'm a dick, that's why people buy from me all day long. Yes the Lil Killers suck, that's why some guys are on their TWENTIETH set! I have repair shops that buy these from me straight up at retail price by the dozen... Guess they're all wrong and you're right.

And by the way- giving HC'ers a direct pipeline into a company like mine is an asset to this community- I think. Sure I'm shilling my own stuff, but doing it openly and as honestly as I can. But the comments of guys here and on the other forums where I NEVER post have shaped our product line, and led to brand new, proprietary products that I invested my own cash to develop. Some made money, others have not, but I'll keep rolling the dice to try and please the community here and make a living for myself and my guys.

What'd you do for the guitar world today??

(can't wait for the long winded "Professorial" reply... which should use the words "Obviously" and "Apparently" quite a bit...)

• Members
The problem with the double lockers is that there are like three common molds out there- and they all suck- They all hang up and the knife edges wear out etc.- So yeah I'm gonna try and get the straight hardened steel plate made so it can accept a standard Floyd block and then we'll be all good. The single lock came about just cause I hated cutting the stings, and the gradual ramp of the saddles works like a charm.

regarding my number one fan here-

Don't you love the "Internet Professor" thing douchebags like this pull??

You say- "Asshole go away" and he replies "Sir, obviously you are incapable of composing a sentence without degrading both yourself, your company and the United States of America, a country founded on the principles of Liberty and Justice for all. As Thomas Jefferson said.." I love that {censored}.

Hey dick- I'M SMARTER THAN YOU- get over it.

Yes Dream 90's suck- sold over 10,000 of them. Yes mean 90's suck- we sell out each production run in 7 days. Yes I'm a dick, that's why people buy from me all day long. Yes the Lil Killers suck, that's why some guys are on their TWENTIETH set! I have repair shops that buy these from me straight up at retail price by the dozen... Guess they're all wrong and you're right.

And by the way- giving HC'ers a direct pipeline into a company like mine is an asset to this community- I think. Sure I'm shilling my own stuff, but doing it openly and as honestly as I can. But the comments of guys here and on the other forums where I NEVER post have shaped our product line, and led to brand new, proprietary products that I invested my own cash to develop. Some made money, others have not, but I'll keep rolling the dice to try and please the community here and make a living for myself and my guys.

What'd you do for the guitar world today??

(can't wait for the long winded "Professorial" reply... which should use the words "Obviously" and "Apparently" quite a bit...)

Jay:

Let it go. Not worth your time, but then again we all know that you spend your entire day pressing F5 just waiting for his next volley. After all, nothing better to do. Orders can wait. :rolleyes:

As one of your many repeat past and future customers I/we know what you & GFS are about.

Now go do something meaningful and valuable like putting up some set-neck project pieces and/or hardtail bodies on the site :thu:

• Members

Let it go?? Nah it's too much fun. More fun than burning myself with the soldering iron all day...

You DO know that every time somone says ANYTHING negative about my company I get SIXTY emails from guys- "Hey, you better check out what this guy is saying about you".

So a promise- if you guys will let it go- so will I.

• Members
Let it go?? Nah it's too much fun. More fun than burning myself with the soldering iron all day...

You DO know that every time somone says ANYTHING negative about my company I get SIXTY emails from guys- "Hey, you better check out what this guy is saying about you".

On second thought, you're right. A virtual blanket party is more fun :deadhorse:

• Members

nah it's pretty easy don't sweat it

Any recommended resources for the information I'll need? I've got Erlewine's book but have yet to go looking for the deets on installing the bridge.

I would go with the Grizzly kit instead. Looks like better hardware and the body is alder.

Walnut fingerboard though.
:freak:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/H8068

Hardware sort of looks like wilkinson! They do sell wilkinson.

This and the Saga kit both fail at giving you something you are getting here for almost the same money which is a guitar built to your own specs. You pick out the pups and hardware. Even if you could make a decent guitar with the kits, I'd still want to add pups of my own choice.

• Members

Any recommended resources for the information I'll need? I've got Erlewine's book but have yet to go looking for the deets on installing the bridge.

I almost bought one of those bodies too. I have an LP that I can use as a template (provided that the GFS body is to standard LP specs), but if not, I'd

just attach the neck and measure 24 3/4" from the nut.

Others here probably have some better advice, but that's how I would do it (and possibly f****** up the whole thing:D )

• Members

No morels.

• Members

This and the Saga kit both fail at giving you something you are getting here for almost the same money which is a guitar built to your own specs. You pick out the pups and hardware. Even if you could make a decent guitar with the kits, I'd still want to add pups of my own choice.

the pickups were the only decent piece of the one i built. the body was ok too.

Archived