GFS Bodies and Necks are For sale now!

AGF Mikey

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quality??

Some of these are just plain great quality- great light woods, awesome finish quality- Some are just Ok. Nothing's flat-out crap- even the $20 plywood stuff is OK. Some of these are off of $500 guitars so they're pretty good, I hope our descriptions give you some idea of what to expect- Then again you buy a neck and body combined for $60- you probably know it won't be a US Custom Shop piece...

• Members

Since you don't sell them as packages measurements would be nice. If I were to buy a neck I would like to make sure that it fits the body I may have lying around. Same goes for the neck pockets of the bodies.

• Members

Quality??

Some of these are just plain great quality- great light woods, awesome finish quality- Some are just Ok. Nothing's flat-out crap- even the $20 plywood stuff is OK. Some of these are off of $500 guitars so they're pretty good, I hope our descriptions give you some idea of what to expect- Then again you buy a neck and body combined for $60- you probably know it won't be a US Custom Shop piece...

So, what did that Tele body look like? LOL And got any more Tele bodies?

• Members
Jay, honest question -- are you guys taking any profit at all off this stuff? Or are you betting that they'll drive sales of other GFS parts and making the money there?

You seriously expect him to answer that?

• Members

Profit?? Who Needs Profit??

Honestly we're selling many of these below what we paid, some for a few bucks more- Should be a wash whenwe're done- But yeah I hope guys buy their pickups and stuff from us- And if this whole ordeal turns out to be a sucess on the parts/pickups side we'll have a stable of regular, inventoried necks and bodies at cheap prices.

Jay

• Members

Dammit, I bought another....

yhst-50206111187217_1948_13598027

yhst-50206111187217_1948_13659837

Rear mounted pickups? Recessed jack area? I'm there.

(probably refinish it, or at least try to eliminate the OCC logo...)

EDIT: Hey Jay, I see you're here so I'll ask - any idea what neck your workers used for their builds of this body?

• Members

Dammit, I bought another....

yhst-50206111187217_1948_13598027
yhst-50206111187217_1948_13659837

Rear mounted pickups? Recessed jack area? I'm there.

(probably refinish it, or at least try to eliminate the OCC logo...)

EDIT: Hey Jay, I see you're here so I'll ask - any idea what neck your workers used for their builds of this body?

I don't like flames on guitars... hmmm... wait a minute... congrats :D

• Members

I don't like flames on guitars... hmmm... wait a minute... congrats
:D

Yeah, the flames and OCC logo were almost enough to make me resist... I'm pretty sure they'll have to go. But the other features are pretty dang slick, so I was willing to grab it for the "projects that'll need a bit more work" parts pile.

Archived