OMG!!!! Our ultimate....

newbuilder

• Replies 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice touch.

Sorry, I guess I'm a litle paranoid. I wonder what causes that?

So, Zemmy, you are off the Peavy and onto the Jimmy Vaughn? I vote for the JV.

I'm looking for a new acoustic, but I guess that's OT.

Not if it is like this diagram here. This one is called an "elektrik aqustik", that is German for a Whale's Vagina, and can be played without using an electric chord or by plugging it in to an "ampliphier".

glossaryimage_flat.jpg

• Members

I liked the Delete Me thread too. Was it for something specific?

Not sure yet...there was much mention of an herbal substance that is consumed through a water pipe, but I have seen pot leaf flag avatars around here so dunno.:confused:

The simplest reason I can come up with is that the thread did ask to be deleted?:facepalm:

• Members

The Godin 5th Avenue is way on my shortlist.

So I see our little endeavor here has become a topic over on the original omg thead. Not much love for myself or Damon there.

The 5th is a nice guitar. I've always been a fan of archtops and there are very few available today so there aren't many choices if one is looking to buy new. The sound is a little closer to a dread's than the old Harmonys which is fine with me. The old ones were voiced to cut through the orchestra with open chords. They did that well and were very punchy but the bass was lacking.

The 5th is a little bassier but still not up with a jumbo or the like. The neck is nice and the satin finish looks and feels very nice. It's a player.

I can't quite undestand why Godin sources those with such small strings. I guess they figure most players today won't touch them but an archtop relies on that tension on the soundboard to produce volume. The place I shop was kind enough to set one up with 13's and, man, what a difference. You gotta have some hands to play them but they really bring that instrument to life. I use 12's eve on my electric so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. They felt good and they nearly doubled the volume of it.

If I end up going that way, I will likely install a floating humbucker on the neck. That would sound really sweet. I played the Kingpin version but the pickup kills the acoustic sound pretty badly.

One of my English profs in college had a beautiful handmade archtop acoustic that dated back to the 30's. It didn't even have a name on it, but that was one of the finest sounding arches I've ever heard.

• Members

So I see our little endeavor here has become a topic over on the original omg thead. Not much love for myself or Damon there.

The 5th is a nice guitar. I've always been a fan of archtops and there are very few available today so there aren't many choices if one is looking to buy new. The sound is a little closer to a dread's than the old Harmonys which is fine with me. The old ones were voiced to cut through the orchestra with open chords. They did that well and were very punchy but the bass was lacking.

The 5th is a little bassier but still not up with a jumbo or the like. The neck is nice and the satin finish looks and feels very nice. It's a player.

I can't quite undestand why Godin sources those with such small strings. I guess they figure most players today won't touch them but an archtop relies on that tension on the soundboard to produce volume. The place I shop was kind enough to set one up with 13's and, man, what a difference. You gotta have some hands to play them but they really bring that instrument to life. I use 12's eve on my electric so it wasn't that big of a deal to me. They felt good and they nearly doubled the volume of it.

If I end up going that way, I will likely install a floating humbucker on the neck. That would sound really sweet. I played the Kingpin version but the pickup kills the acoustic sound pretty badly.

One of my English profs in college had a beautiful handmade archtop acoustic that dated back to the 30's. It didn't even have a name on it, but that was one of the finest sounding arches I've ever heard.

i guess i'll have to check out the OMG thread then...am i still part of this colaborative process,or is my inexperience going to hinder it...

Damon

• Members

Hey Dean, did you check out that Zoom unit?, Fiasco, get those cars running?, Jason, you going to upload a video?, Adam, Trent, Mike... Hey wait a minute... where am I? What is this?

Why is this thread so long?

Hey buddy. I thought it was about one epic thread too short.

• Members

Just finishing up. Gonna stop off at GC and play some acoustics before I head home.

So the TTM showed, eh? Another add for nothing. You are better at that than I.

yeah,and for free i realy can't complain...it's better than my squier vm ssh tele was...

Damon

• Members

what club do you work at zemmy...i used to know a girl named cindy lammers that used to dance at baby dolls...i like wild wild west in salina,fully nude:thu:

Damon

I'm at Club Orleans in Topeka...day shift M-F 12-7

Archived