J.Backlund design announces new Korean made models!

Bruce Bennett

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this first run will be dual humbuckers with 5 way split switching only and 8 colors that are listed at the very bottom of the Kickstarter project page.
the guitars will be availabe in tremolo or hardtail versions.
and also a hardtail 4 string Bass version.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by BG76 View Post
What exactly is the Spam policy on here?
because this entire company was born in this very forum nearly 7 years ago,

I was given a bit of a "pass", primarily so that any really important information about Johns Designs could be passed around easily, and I've kept all "spamming" over the years to a dead minimum.

but this is truly a milestone in the evolution of J.Backlund Design

of course the powers that be can change their minds.

But its listed in many other well known forums as well.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Texas Noise Factory View Post
Good to hear! About the pick guard design, that area is the most beat up with pick scrapings on my guitars, but then again, I'm pretty heavy handed... Hope he sells a bunch!
Cool then your "relic" job will be VERY authentic!

and you know that "pick GUARDS" as a "protection idea" are pretty much outdated right?
I mean you can scratch the plastic... or you can scratch the ... Plastic coating..!?

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by jjpistols View Post
I think this is an awesome move, guys! It's been fun watching all of this happen, and I like the way you've embraced new tech and marketing.

Time to think about a new bass...
where you been JJ. ? the new bass is IN the project!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by slvrsrpnt View Post
best of luck getting the cash to get this moving! If they go into production, I'd purchase one of these!

9f40d50c46a80d349c507472253c26ba_large.J
just to be clear about how this thing works...if you don't "purchase" one now.. you never will be able to.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by axegrinder View Post
It really was kind of by accident (economics more than anything), but I realized recently that my MIK guitars rival my MIJ guitars in terms of quality. As long as the right factory is doing these, I expect great things!

Congrats to Bruce and John!!! thumb.gif

we are useing the same factory thats been making some of the top names that people have been playing for years.
I'm not allowed to give those names..
but believe me I wanted these guitars to be something I can be proud to be associated with. So we cut no corners here.

these guitars WILL retails for between 1000. & 1250.00 once in the stores. so the public will not see these prices ever again.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
I wish I could try a neck first. Shame thats what I buy all my guitars on,but they are beautiful
+1, would definately tip the scale for me one way or the other.

Bruce,

Any comment on the neck profile likeness, radius? Ibanez Wizard, Jackson D, Modern Strat C, Fat Tele, Baseball bat, etc...? Thanks.

BTW, good luck thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bennett

View Post

just to be clear about how this thing works...if you don't "purchase" one now.. you never will be able to.

I would advertise that on as many forums as you can.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by megawzrd View Post
+1, would definately tip the scale for me one way or the other.

Bruce,

Any comment on the neck profile likeness, radius? Ibanez Wizard, Jackson D, Modern Strat C, Fat Tele, Baseball bat, etc...? Thanks.

BTW, good luck thumb.gif
the scale length is 25.5. ( Fender standard)
the fretboard is a compound that is a 13.5 radius. for the best in bending and l o w action , let me say that again... L O W ACTION.
with medium Jumbo fretwire.

Its carve is much like my 1966 Fender Strat or my 1979 San Dimas Charvel (Strat Headstock version) both are very fast and yet not too wide.

The nut is 1 11/16" wide, ( same as a Les Paul) the End of board is 2 1/8" (a tiny bit wider than a Les Paul)

the thickness at the first fret is .820... and the thickness at the 12th fret is .930
the basic carve is a "D" shape overall with a slight assymetrical carve being thinner toward the treble side.
with a full shaped heel and no neck plate at the bolt on point.

heres a photo of the prototype.
DSC00357-1.jpg

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bennett View Post
... these guitars WILL retails for between 1000. & 1250.00 once in the stores. so the public will not see these prices ever again.
Didn't really process the top quote until knotty quoted/bolded it.
These are a bit contradictory. Is it more of a combination of the two? .. if you don't "purchase" one now [at this price]...you will never be able to

Thanks for the neck specs.

• Members

Bruce, a couple of questions: You say, "...if you don't 'purchase' one now.. you never will be able to." But you also say, "These guitars WILL retails for between 1000. & 1250.00 once in the stores."

So, is this model no longer going to be offered after the initial offering, or will they be offered, but at a higher price?

Also, do you have an artist's rendering or picture of the red finish? I take it these finishes are all plain opaque paint, and not transparent or metallic?

Edit: I see I am not the only person who is a little confused.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Flatspotter View Post
Bruce, a couple of questions: You say, "...if you don't 'purchase' one now.. you never will be able to." But you also say, "These guitars WILL retails for between 1000. & 1250.00 once in the stores."

So, is this model no longer going to be offered after the initial offering, or will they be offered, but at a higher price?

Also, do you have an artist's rendering or picture of the red finish? I take it these finishes are all plain opaque paint, and not transparent or metallic?

Sorry, I'm obviously making the mistake of thinking that everyone has seen, read and UNDERSTOOD the entire project.

as stated in the video,
the retail prices of these guitars will be between 1000 and 1250 from your local Music Store.

but for the next 58 days, you can take advantage of the fact that we need to reach a minimum number in order to meet the manufacturing requirments to get started.

AFTER that 58 days is up, then you will only be able to buy these through your local Dealers and at the price they set... or you can purchase directly through us at the full retail price.

The Kickstarter "Deal" is exactly that, a Kickstart to launch our "Retronix" brand.

If you are not familiar with KickStarter.com, please feel free to go to www.kickstarter.com and look at some of the other projects. There are a great number of cool products and artist projects (just like us!) that you can help become a success. This is your opportunity to help shape the guitar industry!!

As of 9:32 pm edt, here is what is left of the "early bird" specials at the $500 (plus shipping) price:
18 Hardtails
23 Tremolos
25 Basses

After these are gone, the remainder of the Kickstarter project time will be at the $600 level. If the project does not reach the minimum goal, then no one's card gets billed. We do not ever see your card information. All credit card payment information is handled through KickStarter and processed by Amazon.com.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by megawzrd View Post
Didn't really process the top quote until knotty quoted/bolded it.
These are a bit contradictory. Is it more of a combination of the two? .. if you don't "purchase" one now [at this price]...you will never be able to

Thanks for the neck specs.
Quote Originally Posted by Flatspotter View Post

It's Kickstarter.

If they don't reach their $75,000 funding mark (~150 guitars), they don't get any funding, and the import line never gets made.

So, if everyone waits...no one wins.

• Members
because this entire company was born in this very forum nearly 7 years ago,

I was given a bit of a "pass", primarily so that any really important information about Johns Designs could be passed around easily, and I've kept all "spamming" over the years to a dead minimum.

but this is truly a milestone in the evolution of J.Backlund Design

of course the powers that be can change their minds.

But its listed in many other well known forums as well.
I'm not singling you out, but honestly the rules are pretty clear (even if they are selectively enforced - but that's another thread) about companies spamming here. I suppose if guitar parts companies, pickup winders, etc... are allowed to peddle their crap here you should be too but it's a shame that the forum can't be kept ad free - maybe this kind of stuff should be in the for sale section or something. Not that it matters.

• Members

This is great news Bruce. I hope you guys get what you need to go forward with this. I'll make a small pledge in the next week or so.
The guitars look great but I really want a JBD400 someday.

Quote Originally Posted by BG76 View Post
What exactly is the Spam policy on here?
Damn.
You just have to be a dick, don't you?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BG76

View Post

I'm not singling you out, but honestly the rules are pretty clear (even if they are selectively enforced - but that's another thread) about companies spamming here. I suppose if guitar parts companies, pickup winders, etc... are allowed to peddle their crap here you should be too but it's a shame that the forum can't be kept ad free - maybe this kind of stuff should be in the for sale section or something. Not that it matters.

I'm cool with that point of view.

Archived