Talking Guitars-what's the most blasphemous mod you can thing of?

bjcarl

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is AWESOME. You apparently did not grow up in the 60s / 70s

I know its awesome. That is why I posted it. So were the Beatles. ( in repy to which I posted the awesomeness)

I watched the Monkees to see the Gretsch gear and the Banana Splits for the Vox.

5337466_orig.jpg

• Members

I know its awesome. That is why I posted it. So were the Beatles. ( in repy to which I posted the awesomeness)

I watched the Monkees to see the Gretsch gear and the Banana Splits for the Vox.

5337466_orig.jpg

Looking at that Marshall Plexi makes me think they and Jimi were probably using the same exact amp onstage...and since they were the "superstars", and he was the opener, it's probably more accurate to say Jimi was borrowing the Monkees rig :D

• Members

Looking at that Marshall Plexi makes me think they and Jimi were probably using the same exact amp onstage...and since they were the "superstars", and he was the opener, it's probably more accurate to say Jimi was borrowing the Monkees rig
:D

Gotta say I thought about that, and upon further research it looks as though Hendrix did open those shows. Some rig eh? Leslie and all.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Think the worst one I tried was a roller nut. You have to shorten the fret board to install them so its an irreversible mod.

That wouldn't be so bad but given the fact the nut sounded like cold steel crap, I couldn't reverse it and got stuck with crap tone.

Archived