Talking Guitars-what's the most blasphemous mod you can thing of?

bjcarl

• Members

Do you play guitar? He was trying to gain access to the upper frets. I might look like {censored}, but JR was a monster player...he needed a guitar to do what he wanted to do.

You're being WAYYYY to hard on yourself. I don't think you look like {censored}!

As for the guitar-you MUST be joking :)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow really someone in the music business with a drug problem! That has got to be a rare thing. Surely anyone like that could never do anything usefull.

I have a friend-an amazing guitarist-who swears that Clapton's only decent artistic output came when he was on junk.

• Members

I think a humbucker-sized pickup at any position on a stratocaster is just plain wrong on several levels

What levels are those?

- Leo wouldn't like it?

- it doesn't look 'classic'?

- someone hit you with a strat+hb one time?

It's not "wrong" for sound or functionality. A humbucker in a strat can be a glorious thing. You've got to match it sound/output wise with whatever else is there, and the string spacing is off for those who care about that, but it can give a perfect combination of thickness and clarity. I wouldn't do it to a '56 strat, but then again, I don't have one, and I'm betting you don't either.

• Members

I answered the OP's question and explained the reasoning behind my opinion; I hardly think that counts as pissing in anyone's Cheerios.

No intent to offend. It's just that the OP is obviously looking for people to talk about (and hopefully post pics of) people mounting a KAOS pad, humbuckers, and a double-locking trem to their pre-war Martin. Your perfectly valid and, as I admitted, probably true opinion seems like you're trying to take the fun out of a gag thread. Perhaps I shouldn't be so easily annoyed by such triviality. Carry on.

• Members

50915d1275397004-whats-worst-modificatio

Okay, this one is classic. Love the wire cutters sitting there---like the owner is ready to make some more improvements. Oh, and it's a righty body, but they cut the upper bout to look like the lower bout horn, and then cut down the lower horn. Or maybe that's the way the body was made?

• Members
I save my emotional reactions for people not objects.

Fixed.

You seem to be missing my point which is, if it's your guitar you can do with it what you want. You have your opinions about what should be done with a guitar and I have mine. The difference is you seem to be getting all frothed up about it.

I never said that anybody doing such things to a guitar is evil or something. You also might have noticed that I spiced up my original post with some of those cute smiley emoticon thingies (I hear they're all the rage on the internet these days.) That might have been another indication that this is something that I'm not particularly worked up over. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: (Just for good measure.)

A couple drinks might do you some good.

• Members
Fixed.

You seem to be missing my point which is, if it's your guitar you can do with it what you want. You have your opinions about what should be done with a guitar and I have mine. The difference is you seem to be getting all frothed up about it.

I never said that anybody doing such things to a guitar is evil or something. You also might have noticed that I spiced up my original post with some of those cute smiley emoticon thingies (I hear they're all the rage on the internet these days.) That might have been another indication that this is something that I'm not particularly worked up over.
:lol:
(Just for good measure.)

A couple drinks might do you some good.

Not sure where I got frothed up! Just was replying with the same condesending wit being thrown out. I also could care less if someone would rather worry about what a guitar looks like then play it. Whatever floats your boat.

Your right it is Friday and a couple of drinks is a fine idea. Cheers.

• Members

telee-1.jpg

I don't get it. Is the neck scalloped or something? :D

Here's an oldie but a goodie(and just a random excuse to post the ol' wangcaster):

(edited to not put Frets in a bad spot...imagine a picture of a guitar that's a wang)

the maker did say it started out as a Cort Strat copy lol

Archived