Telecasters ugly?

tennispro91

• Members

Yes, I think they are ugly. I don't think it' was designed to be aesthetically pleasing, it was designed as a tool that worked and continued to do so even under adverse conditions, and in that respect it's been highly successful. it's ugly because the lines doesn't really work as a whole, not to mention the rudimentary headstock, but it is incredibly cool for being such a great tool

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a youngster I was predjudiced, associating them in my mind as mainly a country guitar, what the guys on Hee Haw played.

Later on I learerned better, but by that time Id been playing set neck 24 3/4 scale guitars so long I just never gave them much of a shot.

Around 10 yrs ago, I got a cheapo copy that played good, and kinda pointed mr in that direction.

Went shopping a couple of yrs later for a MIM or Squier, but nothing other than MIAs did much for me, wound up with a MIM Strat instead.

I have a Parts Tele in the making, hope I like it as much as I think I will.

Now I think the trad 52 tele is most beautiful and that struff from Hee Haw is some of my fav stuff to play.

Shoulda started out on one back in the day!

• Members

For me, Teles were an acquired taste. I've been playing for nearly 35 years, but only got my first tele about 13 years ago which is a Frankenstein I put together. I currently have5 including a La Cabronita style under construction...
:rawk:

I agree. For the first few years I played guitar I really didn't like the look of Teles that much. Then they started to grow on me, now they are pretty much my favorite guitar style out there. I absolutely love Teles. When I see a nice Tele hanging on the wall somewhere i get wood.

• Members

Obviously not. It's sad that there are 22 philistines that can't appreciate the simple yet magnificent beauty of the Telecaster. What's worse are those that have tried to justify this obtuse opinion in their posts. Sad, sad little people. And that's not little as in size, but little as in "less than".

• Members

That's absolutely gorgeous. O=

Thank you! It's a Squier CV '50's Tele that I modded. Neck pickup is a Kent Armstrong Vintage 12N wired to a mini switch for series/split/parallel options; the bridge pickup is a BG T-90 - P-90 in a Tele Bridge package.

Video Demo Here:

[video=youtube;30cJPLAolYQ]

• Members

I deffinietly was a hater in my younger days...didn't like the headstock or the scratchplate at all...then I wised up and realised that the classic Butterscotch w/black guard and maple fingerboard is just droolworthy! From then on I HAD to get me one...now I have two!

• Members

i only played and owned strats growing up, and always felt like they were the best looking guitar. but i just picked up a tele and am finding it to be much better looking. something about the simplicity, i just love the roundess of it. i play all my guitars but always have the tele out so i can look at it.

Archived