Telecasters ugly?

tennispro91

• Members

its funny how alot of people (myself included) were put off by them early in our guitar experience to only grow to LOVE them later on

Ive noticed this as well. Its as tho they are a guitar for slightly older more mature guitar players. (Im 32) Its like Vintage clubber said, its an aquired taste. You dont see a lot of 40+ guys playing pointy metal guitars. (Kerry King excepted)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ive noticed this as well. Its as tho they are a guitar for slightly older more mature guitar players. (Im 32) Its like Vintage clubber said, its an aquired taste. You dont see a lot of 40+ guys playing pointy metal guitars. (Kerry King excepted)

Maybe the "need to pose gene" disappears with age?

• Members

Straight up, I never liked the look of teles. But after I bought one, and realized that they are the truth, I can put up with their ugliness. They are a player's guitar, and they can have nice looking wood, or be painted a nice color, but the guitar is not stylish. I am not a Gibson kinda guy, but I can certainly understand why Gibson laughed at the Broadcaster when it came out. The tele is a silly, simple articulate guitar and yeah, I like 'em,
IMGP1849a.jpg

they ain't gettin' no points for beauty from me.

• Members

:love:

wished I had grabbed one of those when GC had them for $799 last year, or even the limited run of Squier Standards like that that went for $299...
:facepalm:

Me too! Actually I passed on a lightly used one (actually I think it was just a show room model they dropped the price on because it was hanging too long) at a local shop for 600 a couple years ago.

Another one that got away. :lol:

• Members

Hell no! They are a thing of simple beauty. It's like a natural women with all the fake junk. And now because of the mere mention in the other part of the forum about a Jerry Donahue CS tele i am going nuts thinking about a blue one. That may have been the most cool looking tele ever.

• Members

Hell no! They are a thing of simple beauty. It's like a natural women with all the fake junk. And now because of the mere mention in the other part of the forum about a Jerry Donahue CS tele i am going nuts thinking about a blue one. That may have been the most cool looking tele ever.

Like this:

d4ffdebaecc250087249db1232f42929.jpg

• Members

Wait, you meant this:

Fender%20Telecaster%20Donahue%20Custom%2

• Members

I am a Les Paul guy for sure but have lately found myself checking out every tele that come up for sale around here. I think they're cool looking. Someone said it right above "look like they mean business"
And I just got an email form the missus that a package arrived via Fedex a little after 1PM. It should contain a new Fender Standard Tele in Midnght Wine!

This will be a long afternoon!!!

Dega

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I really hate them. They are too fat, their pickups are ugly and awkward and I've never seen a nice finish on one. Plus there are a lot better guitars that play and look better such as a Les Paul, an SG or a Jaguar, even some of the craziest B.C Rich guitars look better in my opinion. Im not a big fan of Fender and Squire are just abysmal but I would play a nice Strat over a Tele any day of the year.

Archived