Project: HCEG Thinline

warriorpoet

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the body is now residing in Northern Canada... :)

As soon as the snow melts, and the sun starts shining during the day, I will get started on the finishing process.. ;)

OK, I joke again. I want to do a really nice job for you - so I wont rush it. I will mask and fill the body, and let it dry for a day before I start finishing. I am away this weekend so I probably wont get to the finish before next week.

I dont want to rush this, so lets all be patient, hmkay? :D

AJC

PS you want pics as I go along, or just an end pic? Or maybe I wont take any at all and you wont see it untill you get it back in your hands..

• Members
Well, the body is now residing in Northern Canada...
:)

As soon as the snow melts, and the sun starts shining during the day, I will get started on the finishing process..
;)

OK, I joke again. I want to do a really nice job for you - so I wont rush it. I will mask and fill the body, and let it dry for a day before I start finishing. I am away this weekend so I probably wont get to the finish before next week.

I dont want to rush this, so lets all be patient, hmkay?
:D

AJC

PS you want pics as I go along, or just an end pic? Or maybe I wont take any at all and you wont see it untill you get it back in your hands..

Come on. We all know you. It will be done by Thursday for sure;)

• Members

Well, the body is now residing in Northern Canada...

As soon as the snow melts, and the sun starts shining during the day, I will get started on the finishing process..
;)

I dont want to rush this, so lets all be patient, hmkay?
:D

AJC

You got it! :thu:

Can't wait to see what you do with this. :)

PS Pics as you go, please.

• Members

I am sorry boys but its going to probably have to sit untill early next week before I can do it. I have band rehersal tonight, then Thurs/Friday I am at my GF's place out of town, and will be gone untill Mon, morning.

I need to pick up some fine line masking tape for the faux binding.

But, I promise once I start spraying lacquer it wont take too long.

If it helps some, I did fine sand the body... if I get the tape today or tomorrow I MAY be able to shoot some colour onto it before the weekend. If not early next week.

Either way I hope to have it in the mail by the end of next week.

AJC

• Members

I am sorry boys but its going to probably have to sit untill early next week before I can do it. I have band rehersal tonight, then Thurs/Friday I am at my GF's place out of town, and will be gone untill Mon, morning.

I need to pick up some fine line masking tape for the faux binding.

But, I promise once I start spraying lacquer it wont take too long.

If it helps some, I did fine sand the body... if I get the tape today or tomorrow I MAY be able to shoot some colour onto it before the weekend. If not early next week.

Either way I hope to have it in the mail by the end of next week.

AJC

Take your time, AJ. I'd rather see it right than rushed :)

Are you guys playing out this weekend?

• Members
Take your time, AJ. I'd rather see it right than rushed

Are you guys playing out this weekend?

NOpe, we are just trying out the new drummer for the 2nd time tonight. I kicked out the other guy, he wasnt working out (conflict of personalities). Myself and the other guitar and bass player are all on the same page, as does appear to be the new drummer (a good friend of the rythm guitarist). So, we have a two night gig booked next month and we need to practice together all we can.

ANyhow, I wont rush. I will NOT send you something I am not myself 110% proud of.

Promise!:thu:

AJC

• Members

Ths thing is going to kick ass. I can not wait to get this thing together and post nut cutting tutorials, finished pictures and video clips before I send her off to WP.

I'm really looking forward to this assembly. This was just a great idea.

And WP... I just had some big Mason Custom Guitars vinyl stickers made for your case and car or whatever. I'll send a few out your way with the finished guitar

• Members

Ths thing is going to kick ass. I can not wait to get this thing together and post nut cutting tutorials, finished pictures and video clips before I send her off to WP.

I'm really looking forward to this assembly. This was just a great idea.

And WP... I just had some bigger Mason Custom Guitars vinyl stickers made for your case and care or whatever. I'll send a few out your way with the finished guitar

I believe you'll be sending her to pete n., but that's a technicality at this point :)

BTW, you have a stencil to paint a Mason logo on the HSC?

• Members
I believe you'll be sending her to pete n., but that's a technicality at this point

BTW, you have a stencil to paint a Mason logo on the HSC?

Oki doke.

I do not. The logo is so thin in weight that it would be really hard to do. The vinyl should stick forever though. It's tough stuff

• Members

Oki doke.

I do not. The logo is so thin in weight that it would be really hard to do. The vinyl should stick forever though. It's tough stuff

Oh, so you'll put one on the guitar and the case? Sweet!

Ever think of having a permanent address card made and attached to the handle? ;)

Archived