Project: HCEG Thinline

warriorpoet

• Members

I know this wont make me any friends.... but I dont have any pics :(

Its 10 pm here, and I just now got home from work. I was there since 7 am, didnt even go home for dinner. I had some pressing work (real paying work that is) to finish up tonight.

The body has most of the color done - tomorrow morning I will take a few shots I promise and put them up during my lunch break.

I need to go to bed....:bor:

AJC

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this wont make me any friends.... but I dont have any pics
:(

Its 10 pm here, and I just now got home from work. I was there since 7 am, didnt even go home for dinner. I had some pressing work (real paying work that is) to finish up tonight.

The body has most of the color done - tomorrow morning I will take a few shots I promise and put them up during my lunch break.

I need to go to bed....
:bor:

AJC

Sleep well, my friend.

I hope tomorrow is a better day than today. If you were local I'd send you a pizza :)

• Members

woohooo... stickied!!!!!!!!

I'm getting antsy waiting for the arrival of this thing.

WP. Am I getting parts or an assembled guitar that needs a nut and setup?

Honestly, it would be easier for me to get everything unassembled. Bridge, loaded guard, neck, jack, tuners, everything unattached. It's part of my ZEN/CHI.... whatever... I work better from the bottom up, if that makes sense.

• Members

woohooo... stickied!!!!!!!!

I'm getting antsy waiting for the arrival of this thing.

WP. Am I getting parts or an assembled guitar that needs a nut and setup?

Honestly, it would be easier for me to get everything unassembled. Bridge, loaded guard, neck, jack, tuners, everything unattached. It's part of my ZEN/CHI.... whatever... I work better from the bottom up, if that makes sense.

I was planning on sending the body fully assembled/ soldered, etc., but if it's easier to send you the parts, I'll do that.

Due to the construction of a Tele, you know it's impossible to "load the guard", so I'm not really sure what you want done. Should I solder the PUs?

• Members

here are some progress pics. I touched up the burst so its more even along the back edge, and with more clear coats its looking better abd better.

Once I get it finished clear coating, I will take some better res. pics without the flash.

I tried to mix the colours as that Ibanez acoustic or semi hollow pic. Its nice and orangey-red fading to dark brown. It looks a lot better IMO in person than in these few pics.

Hope you are liking it so far...

AJC

front-1.jpg

back.jpg

edge.jpg

• Moderators

Great warrior, man from UPS he come with great brown beast, burn heap big rubber, sit awhile and smoke pipe with Chief Ratae, he take magic stick and swear to pass to great steel eagle in the sky, great steel eagle of the Gods he fly with magic stick in plenty big beak, take magic stick back to warrior who spout verse, warrior he get stick soon. I go now, buffalo they need heap big medicine.:wave:

• Members
Great warrior, man from UPS he come with great brown beast, burn heap big rubber, sit awhile and smoke pipe with Chief Ratae, he take magic stick and swear to pass to great steel eagle in the sky, great steel eagle of the Gods he fly with magic stick in plenty big beak, take magic stick back to warrior who spout verse, warrior he get stick soon. I go now, buffalo they need heap big medicine.
:wave:

Been tokin' on the ole' peace pipe, eh? ;)

• Members

Great warrior, man from UPS he come with great brown beast, burn heap big rubber, sit awhile and smoke pipe with Chief Ratae, he take magic stick and swear to pass to great steel eagle in the sky, great steel eagle of the Gods he fly with magic stick in plenty big beak, take magic stick back to warrior who spout verse, warrior he get stick soon. I go now, buffalo they need heap big medicine.
:wave:

Best of luck with the bison ;)

Your Roman province shall be increasing its body population by one next week.

• Members

I was planning on sending the body fully assembled/ soldered, etc., but if it's easier to send you the parts, I'll do that.

Due to the construction of a Tele, you know it's impossible to "load the guard", so I'm not really sure what you want done. Should I solder the PUs?

I'll solder her up

• Members
here are some progress pics. I touched up the burst so its more even along the back edge, and with more clear coats its looking better abd better.

Once I get it finished clear coating, I will take some better res. pics without the flash.

I tried to mix the colours as that Ibanez acoustic or semi hollow pic. Its nice and orangey-red fading to dark brown. It looks a lot better IMO in person than in these few pics.

Hope you are liking it so far...

AJC

front-1.jpg
back.jpg
edge.jpg

Because it bears repeating :)

• Members
Confident, are we
:D

I trust ya' atrox. You're guitars are far too beautiful to have shoddy solder-work on the inside.

Have any ideas for a sticker-worthy case?

I can't say I'm the best solderer in the world. It's not the prettiest work ever, but it good and solid.

I have put mine on a couple Fender cases. Anything with a deep texture is a no-no. Anything smooth should work.

Archived