Project: HCEG Thinline

warriorpoet

• Members
Update:

Body's here, and I found the camera, so pics are forthcoming both of the body and pete n.'s exceptional wiring harness work
:thu:

Stay tuned...
:)

BTW, the flame on this body is outrageous. even unfinished it's really, really deep and prominent. Kudos to Warmoth for providing the project with such a lovely piece of wood.

Cool! I'm anxious to see this baby come together.
Shame I won't get to play it! (hint, hint :D )

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry about the crap pictures, but my camera is not cooperating. Maybe tomorrow when I have better light...

t3h secks (body + pg)

Picture001.jpg

pete n.'s remarkably clean soldering and fastidious labeling

Picture006.jpg

FWIW, these are simply color-corrected. No other tweaking has been done and the wood is "dry". It actually looks flamier in person with, as of yet, no finish :eek:

AJ's going to have fun with this one :D

• Members
For the contributers:

I'm considering sending the completed product on a circuit back through you as a sort of thank you. The only thing I'll ask is an autograph on the backside of the PG and clips posted to HCEG.

What do you think?

I was just kidding about not getting to play it but if you insist....

It sure looks pretty. :thu:

• Members

For the contributers:

I'm considering sending the completed product on a circuit back through you as a sort of thank you. The only thing I'll ask is an autograph on the backside of the PG and clips posted to HCEG.

What do you think?

Well, I'll already obviously have my go at it being the set-up/nut/fret polish man. If you have the patience (which i know will be hard), I think it would be great if everyone involved had a chance to jam on it and record it somehow. I had already plannned on recording a vid.

• Members
Well, I'll already obviously have my go at it being the set-up/nut/fret polish man. If you have the patience (which i know will be hard), I think it would be great if everyone involved had a chance to jam on it and record it somehow. I had already plannned on recording a vid.

Well, if you are going to do a vid, it might be cool to record a little piece of all the different steps of the fret dress, polish, and set-up that you do, and then a vid of you playing it. I think that would be really :cool::eek:

• Moderators
For the contributers:

What do you think?

I think that's a fabulous idea, but I don't think I would be economically viable:thu: I'll autograph the pickguard tho.:D

• Members

I think that's a fabulous idea, but I don't think I would be economically viable:thu: I'll autograph the pickguard tho.
:D

Why not? If each of you will contribute $20 to shipping to the next guy in line, I could afford the rest.

...patience is another issue ;)

• Members

Sending a whole guitar across the Atlantic is gonna cost you about 250 dollars return. That guitars gonna set you back mucho rubles.
:cry:

Well, then. $250 might be a bit much. I'll have to figure out another "Thank You" for you then, RC. I need to make it something good...

thinker-thumb.gif

• Members

WP, was that a custom body or was it out of their showcase?

Custom.

There are few very intriguing examples in their showcase, though. The nice thing about the standard tele route in their showcase is that they can route it out to anything you want, up to and including Fender's Wide Range monsterbucker.

Archived