Project: HCEG Thinline

warriorpoet

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys, dont be putting too much pressure on me man! :mad: I dont work well under pressure!!:mad: :mad:

;) JK

I also dont think it will be practicle to send the completed guitar to me, never mind the shipping but also the tax I would have to pay to get it from customs.

I will settle for a nice pic or two posted here and some clips. :thu:

So when am I getting the plank?? Are we decided yet on a colour or is it up to me? :)

AJC

• Moderators
You guys, dont be putting too much pressure on me man!
:mad:
I dont work well under pressure!!

;)
JK

I also dont think it will be practicle to send the completed guitar to me, never mind the shipping but also the tax I would have to pay to get it from customs.

I will settle for a nice pic or two posted here and some clips.
:thu:

So when am I getting the plank?? Are we decided yet on a colour or is it up to me?
:)

AJC

AJ, when WP sent the neck here I called Customs and explained the setup and they told me how to label the package in order for no duties to be payable.

• Moderators

;)
JK

So when am I getting the plank?? Are we decided yet on a colour or is it up to me?

AJC

I'm thinking somewhere long the lines of a violin burst, but very subtle like some of the blonde sycamore violins, with the leaning towards the honey/gold tones, with the centre near natural?

• Members

I'm thinking somewhere long the lines of a violin burst, but very subtle like some of the blonde sycamore violins, with the leaning towards the honey/gold tones, with the centre near natural?

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

L_all.JPEG

419942.jpg

geoffrey_chi_antique_violin.jpg

WamothDCburst.jpg

atkinsonback.jpg

4.jpg

Do you have any pictures of what you propose? Remember, the idea here is to give obvious visual homage to both a violin and a tele, so some degree of burst/ tint is a must

Something like this would be feasible as well:

thinlinenaturalbusrt.jpg

larkstradL.jpg1front.jpg

AJ,

No pressure. I have every confidence you'll blow us all away with the finish. A light paste wax topcoat touched up with some 0000 steel wool on the top might give the subtle "aged" effect I'm after. The sides/ back/ natural bindig should be gloss, though. I'll leave final decisions up to you, especially after seeing that glorious archtop. That thing's perfect :thu:

• Members

OK, thats enough pics for me to go off of. I thought there was one particular finish & colour you wanted. But there is enough variations on the same theme in the pics - I will do something nice I think.

So, natural "imitation" binding on the top like a prs, and a glossy back and sides, with a duller top. I can do that.

AJC

• Members

OK, thats enough pics for me to go off of. I thought there was one particular finish & colour you wanted. But there is enough variations on the same theme in the pics - I will do something nice I think.

So, natural "imitation" binding on the top like a prs, and a glossy back and sides, with a duller top. I can do that.

AJC

I trust your aesthetic sensibilities better than my own.

rum102901.jpg

"You da Man!"

• Members

;)
JK

AJC

Andrew,

The body will be shipped EMS tomorrow.

• Moderators

Sweetness!

Have any recent pics. RC?

I'll try and do some outside in natural light when I get home from work this evening. I's pretty much the same as the first pics. In all seriousness this wood is just so thirsty, I've little doubt it would keep sucking as much il as I cold put onto it. I didn't want to use grain sealer as it would detratct from the ocer all feel as we discussed. I will send you a small tub of waxoil and you can give it a light rub every few months for the fuirst six months or so.

Archived