The Daily Question For Drummers Thread

kindbeats

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear

View Post

The questions will be lost in the thread though.

It's never been a problem before but just in case, I can keep a tab of all of the questions on the first post in the thread if that helps.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by 1001gear

View Post

From a participation standpoint it's all fun but what about those who just search for info?

This thread is more about participation and learning things about each other than it is a fact finding thread. Like I said, I can keep a list of all the questions asked on the first post but I hold the same thread in other forums and it's never been a problem before. It's just about having fun! There are plenty of quality threads where people can find more specific answers or ask a specific question for more direct answers. smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by zildjian@consol View Post
tuesday's gone......no question.....just saying
I think this thread is a great idea!! I totally "get" what you mean by participation, and having it be a fun thing. If a question is really earth-shaking and gets a huge amount of attention, any admin or moderator can move just that question with its answers without much difficulty to a separate thread. You can PM Dendy and me if this needs to happen, and one of us can do it.

Anyway, there WAS a question for today...how big is your kick drum? And my answer is...about 50 micros by 50 microns, because it's sitting in a piece of silicon smile.gif However, the DTX kick drum trigger that actually triggers it is about 15" in diameter.

BTW I'm not a drummer but my father was (a damn good one, too) so I was "raised with rhythm." A lot of people think the drum parts I program are pretty realistic, and that's 100% because of my Dad, and knowing a lot of good drummers. I may not have the best motor skills in the world when it comes to drumming, but I know where the beats should fall...well, not as well as you guys I'm sure, but not bad for a guitar player... smile.gif

• Members

sorry just found this today...

practice, none at the moment because of living situation unless you count the hands and feet tapping in a rhythmic fashion then its just about 100 hours or more a week.

bass one- pearl export 22x18
bas two- custom bulit 22x24

both are dia by dep.

• Members

Today's Question: What is the last thing you've worked on on the drums?

Hmm...I was writing a groove that's 3 against 2 between the right hand and left foot, with the kick and snare in a 2/4 kind of feel.

By the way guys, I USUALLY post the questions around 12pm EST.

• Members

Technique?
Ummm...s'been way too long for me to say.

But generically 'working on'?
In the next 24 days, I'm subbing 3 gigs for 3 different bands (same key player in each, but all different music) in addition to gigs with my own bands...
I've been working on getting the songs down for the sub-gigs.

• Members

I'm going through Mike Johnson's book Linear Drumming...going through the ALL the excercises religiously. I am also working on "the ladder". I'm not sure if I'll ever get it up to speed.....it's tough for me right now. I guess that's why I'm practicing it, huh?

• Members

Performing my last gig with a pretty good buzz, and having musicians in attendance come up and do some songs that we'd never played as a group before for a end of night jam-a-thon.

We stopped playing at 1:30AM like we should have - just no one wanted us to stop...lol.

Archived