The Daily Question For Drummers Thread

kindbeats

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Muffling: Yes and heavy right now since I play in home with neighbors around. Otherwise I would use just a Remo Muff'ler in the bass, a folded small cloth on the underside of the snare to control ring and buzz and then maybe some tape or moongel here or there on toms.

Shows: yes, some clubs and dives. Company picnics, banquets etc. Has been many years ago. I now play for church every now and then.

Smallest drum: 8" tom, bought add on 8" and 10" toms with stand to go with my current five piece. I use it on fills and for accents at times.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by twosticks

View Post

Otherwise I would use just a Remo Muff'ler in the bass, a folded small cloth on the underside of the snare to control ring and buzz and then maybe some tape or moongel here or there on toms.

"Just"?

That's a lot of muffling in my eyes.

Fan of 70's sounding drums?

• Members

Hey everyone, if you could take a second to join the forums on my site (check my signature for the link) I would greatly appreciate it. It's just another forum where we can all share drumming knowledge. Please, make no mistake about it - I am NOT trying to steal members from here because I regularly post here as well and have found the people here to be among the nicest. Just trying to get some other drum lovers involved in my community. Thanks! smile.gif

• Members

I'm using 3 sets of hats on my kit. My main set is a hybrid set made of an AA Rock bottom on the top, and a HH Bright Bottom hat on the bottom. Then there's the 13" Z dyno beats above my main hats on an x-hat, and on the right side of my kit I have a set of 13" AAX Fusion hats on a remote.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by SYMBOLIC

View Post

I'm using 3 sets of hats on my kit. My main set is a hybrid set made of an AA Rock bottom on the top, and a HH Bright Bottom hat on the bottom. Then there's the 13" Z dyno beats above my main hats on an x-hat, and on the right side of my kit I have a set of 13" AAX Fusion hats on a remote.

Very interesting about the hybrid set you put together. How do they sound?

• Members

To me they sound pretty good. I don't do a lot of open hi hat stuff in general, but they are a bit slow, response wise, when opened up. Generally they are closed as I do a lot of double kick, and I don't care for sloshy hi hats all the time. They do cut through nicely with a lot of definition do to the fact that both cymbals are thicker. The HH is slightly heavier and that's why it's on the bottom. They came about due to the fact that I had cracked the top hat and was able to get the HH bottom for like $35. I've been using them for about 5 years and no one has ever complained.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Gremson

View Post

'73 Zildjian New Beat bottom. Some kind of Sabian top. I wish I could tell what model. 14"

I've got some heavy Zildjian A's my dad used, but I don't dig the sound.

I like how a few of you play hybrid sets of cymbals. As long as it sounds good, stack em up!

Archived