OT - revive the Food Thread!

the DW

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

icon_lol.gif

I think there's a few more things in the dish!

I'm guessing the shrimp are marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, lemon, pepper and ginger. There were pieces of lemon rind in the dish as well as a few pieces of sliced lemon. I know it wasn't garnish since it was cooked.

When I find the right combo, I'll let you know!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

ok, some of us working muthas don't have all the time you fancy girls have, so do any of you do some crock pot stuff? i do the typical stew b.s. and soups and chili. but i run out of ideas pretty quickly.

suggestions?

Have you thrown a whole chicken in it yet ? Super easy and very tasty.Season it up as you wish, put in the crock-pot, cover with water and turn it on.(the crock-pot, NOT the chicken you pervert wink.gif)

Also a great way to cook a big pot of red beans and sausage.

• Members

We do the croc all the time.

1. season & sear a 3-4 lb chuck roast. Add chopped onions, potato quarters, baby carrots, a can of mushrooms, some celery to crock pot with 1/2 cup or a bit less of beer and put roast on top of vegys. Low setting for about 6 hrs. Rules!

2. Same vegy mix & beer as above but put whole chicken on top. Same cook time.

One of the things to try to avoid (at least for my taste) is to have the meat boil instead of slow-cook steam. Depends on your taste though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

ok, some of us working muthas don't have all the time you fancy girls have, so do any of you do some crock pot stuff? i do the typical stew b.s. and soups and chili. but i run out of ideas pretty quickly.

suggestions?

how about round steak run through the cuber a few times pan seared then throw it in the crock with a can or so of diced tomatos,sliced onion and some beef bulion cubes or paste({censored}ty spelling)

serve that up with red skinned mashed potatos and fried corn

Archived