OT - revive the Food Thread!

the DW

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
well you sure know how to make that look good

Presentation is everything, huh? :lol:

I discovered Chuck Eye steak by accident. I didn't have my reading glasses on, and I picked it up instead of Rib Eye. Brought it home and discovered my error, but when I cooked it up, it was great! Very tender and tasty, and about half the cost of Rib Eye.

:thu:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

3 lb London Broil, marinated and grilled
Saute'd mushrooms, butter and garlic,
Homemade potato,
Fresh cucumbers and tomatos,
Corn-on-the-cob
Home made chocolate cake.

All of this is way the {censored} off the diet scale 'sept the veggies and corn, but= FULL

Yummmmm

• Members

3 lb London Broil, marinated and grilled

Saute'd mushrooms, butter and garlic,

Homemade potato,

Fresh cucumbers and tomatos,

Corn-on-the-cob

Home made chocolate cake.

All of this is way the {censored} off the diet scale 'sept the veggies and corn, but= FULL

Yummmmm

Can you set that up for carry-out? *drool*

~YR

• 6 months later...
  • Members

Okay, first off, don't laugh, I'm no chef or great cook. Wanted to make something simple tonight after picking up the house and laundry. Manwiches and Beef Brats with mustard and topped with Manwich meat, relish and chopped onions. Shells and cheese plus pork and beans. Home made garlic bread with last slice of store bought garlic bread. I know is no veggies but didn't feel like veggies. Looks like it might be a good Super Bowl offering huh?? Hope the pic goes through!

Grants.jpg

• Members

That looks really delicious! thumb.gif

I haven't been cooking much lately. Since I've moved, I've been eating out a lot. Of course, it doesn't help that there are a gazillion restaurants within a one block radius of my apartment.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Well, I didn't cook it, but I wanted to post this anyway as it's a big ass deal to me today. I had my first Steak tonight in months since starting my radiation this past winter. Couldn't chew one or swallow it. I've been starving for one. Anyway, 10 oz Porter House, medium rare; smoked cheddar mashed potatoes; saute'd spinach; garlic bread. Mmmmm. It was delicious. Carry on...............

Archived