OT - revive the Food Thread!

the DW

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
...on a side note,i could eat chicken skin all nite!...

You and me both, brother!

There's supposed to be a place here on Oahu that makes deep fried chicken skin as a snack. I haven't found it yet, but when I do, there will be pictures for sure!

:snax:

• Members

There's supposed to be a place here on Oahu that makes deep fried chicken skin as a snack. I haven't found it yet, but when I do, there will be pictures for sure!

aw man,that sounds awesome!

i didnt realize you lived on the islands.im shocked you havnt posted a seafood dish

• Members
I always neglected to add to these threads. Here' a recent (okay, slightly dated - those fresh strawberries are from my garden) omelet breakfast that I happened to have up on flickr - complete with vitamins and a book!

3627391648_79eb118fcd_o.jpg

the food looks great but how the hell you choke down all those horse pills?

• Members

KFC extra crispy. They could sell just the crispy, I'd eat it.

• Members
KFC extra crispy. They could sell just the crispy, I'd eat it.

They do! It's called Popcorn Chicken! Of course, nowadays there's actually chicken meat in them, but I remember buying it when it first came out. Half the container was just chicken skin with breading!! Yummmmmm........

:thu:

• Members

They do! It's called Popcorn Chicken! Of course, nowadays there's actually chicken meat in them, but I remember buying it when it first came out. Half the container was just chicken skin with breading!! Yummmmmm........

:thu:

I've had that. Like it. Still something's different about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This weekend for my wifes B-day I spent the day in the kitchen making:

Breakfast: Butter-Milk Biscuits w/ Bacon and Eggs

Dinner: Baked Zitti w/ homemade Garlic/Onion Bechamel 4 Cheeses , topped w/ bits of Ricotta rolled in herbs and crushed Ritz.(Best Baked Ziti since Karen's)I know that's a crazy random reference but one of you guys got it....right?

Birthday Cake: Pumpkin Pie , from a whole Pumpkin w/ pie dough from scratch.

Shouldn't have taken as long as it did , but it was a lot of really good food , no time for pics , food was consumed very quickly.

• Members

:lol:

i plan on gettin' daddy's seasonings kickin' this weekend, too! it's never too cold to get some grillin' done.

i was going to make some kind of crude BD/flavor/meat reference, but that's just inappropriate. especially coming from me.:thu:

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pinhigh

View Post

the food looks great but how the hell you choke down all those horse pills?

Hah... I just take 'em all at once in one swallow O_o

you should see my lifting supplements, though... I think I was taking something like 14 pills in one swallow.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kabaalk

View Post

Hah... I just take 'em all at once in one swallow O_o

you should see my lifting supplements, though... I think I was taking something like 14 pills in one swallow.

all i can say is wow! i can hardly take a few advil at one time

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This was the biggest of the flounder we caught last Saturday. I broiled three of them tonight with some fresh ground pepper,sea salt, cajun seasoning and melted butter and garlic mixture poured over them. Nice little salad and some green beans on the side. We are all full and ready for a nap about now. Totally delicious !

Archived