OT - revive the Food Thread!

the DW

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy cow!! What is that?? It looks killer!!!

Damn, gotta work on that 'drooley' smiley.

Parker House Rolls from the Joy of Cooking, rolled in butter and spiced sugar and set on the top of a layer of nuts, raisins or mar.cherries , lemon zest, and a brown sug/butter/spice mixture(like caramel rolls), cooked in a bunt(sp?) pan @ 350, mmm good.

Works w/ a bag of dinner rolls, but you have to cut them in half and really work the sugar and spice into the rolls.

• Members
DW's posts are just not fair
:cry:

Food looks so good. We had pot roast last night!

I just LOVE pot roast! mmmmm......

Here's something I learned on food tv: Instead of putting your vegetables in with the pot roast to cook (like I used to), roast them on a tray in the oven. Arrange your cut vegetables - I like carrots, red potatos and quartered onions - on a flat pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then roast at 425 for an hour. Take them out and arrange as a bed in a serving dish, then put the sliced pot roast over them and pour the gravy over everything. Good stuff.

:thu:

• Members
damn man you eat good!

Here's the thing - by cooking it yourself, it's really not that expensive.

I think all totalled, the dish (for two) came out to like $15 worth of stuff, and that's at Hawaii prices! On the mainland, probably about $10. You just have to be willing to cook it....which really isn't very difficult, just time consuming at the beginning. Just like drumming, the more practice you get, the easier it becomes.

The nice thing is, it's an art, not a science (like baking). Real hard to screw it up.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Ghetto Royale

leftover pastry, bread. pie etc..

Ice Cream

Fruit

Mix in whatever proportion you want or have.

Chill

I had some bananas, cobbler, bread pudding, blueberry cake ish stuff coconut syrup and vanilla ice cream.

bAMMM...

Archived