OT - revive the Food Thread!

the DW

• Members

I take a pork shoulder, rub with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, popit in the crock, pour a Corona in there and let it go till a fork slides right out of it after a stab.

add shred cheddar, finely diced onion, chopped tomato and hot sauce in a flour tortilla. Carnitas!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver

View Post

I take a pork shoulder, rub with cumin, coriander, salt and pepper, popit in the crock, pour a Corona in there and let it go till a fork slides right out of it after a stab.

add shred cheddar, finely diced onion, chopped tomato and hot sauce in a flour tortilla. Carnitas!

oh, that's dope! thanks!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pinhigh

View Post

how about round steak run through the cuber a few times pan seared then throw it in the crock with a can or so of diced tomatos,sliced onion and some beef bulion cubes or paste({censored}ty spelling)

serve that up with red skinned mashed potatos and fried corn

furiously writing......ok...nice!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver

View Post

Wow, that sounds GREAT! Gonna have to try that one.

Still haven't gotten around to that lemon pepper shrimp. Haven't been home for dinner much lately.

cry.gif

• Members

I wonder if you could do BBQ pork ribs in the croc? I know a lot of folks who will boil the ribs for an hour, then put them in the oven and baste with sauce.

I would imagine that doing the crock pot instead of boiling would be a better way to go...or would it get too soft? Has anyone tried this?

• Members

I will be cooking a chicken and sausage gumbo in the morning. We are having the family over for Jake's birthday around noon, so I'll start cooking around 8. Also on the menu-rice(duh !),tater salad,boudain dip, crackers,french bread,blueberry cobbler with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream and birthday cake.

• Members

no pics but tonight I had a tradtional Venezuelan meal made by my sister , "Pabellon" it was friggen great , it's the national dish of Venezuela , shredded flank steak w/ onions and tomatoes cooked low and slow, rice and the best black beans ever (cooked all day in a secret family recipie) ,fried Plantains ,and Arepas -some kind of corn meal biscuit , made me fall in love w/ Venezuela. Seriously good eats.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by slap happy drums

View Post

no pics but tonight I had a tradtional Venezuelan meal made by my sister , "Pabellon" it was friggen great , it's the national dish of Venezuela , shredded flank steak w/ onions and tomatoes cooked low and slow, rice and the best black beans ever (cooked all day in a secret family recipie) ,fried Plantains ,and Arepas -some kind of corn meal biscuit , made me fall in love w/ Venezuela. Seriously good eats.

i dont even know most of the ingredients.you can have it

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BeakerArk

View Post

3 hours into the smoke. .here's what it looks like:

Brisket2hoursin.jpg

will pull it in another hour, then stick it in the oven at it's lowest setting for the rest of the evening (it's cheating, I know. ..but I don't wanna stay up all night).

you need a better camera for sure.

and shame on you for cheating.def will not turn out the way it should.if anything id throw it on a hot grill and sear in all that flavor.but thats me

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BeakerArk

View Post

You're right.. .i do need a better cam.

and, whilst i appreciate your cookin' suggestion, I'll not take it. But that's just me.poke.gif

b/c this is what it looks like. . .

After4hours.jpg

does look good buddy,btw what kinda wood you burning?

Archived