• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by the DW

View Post

how about this one:

DSCN2576.jpg

Steak with Blue Cheese, Corn with red peppers, green onion and garlic, and (in a nod to my ethnic heritage) Kim Chee.

No starch.....part of my low carb diet!

I really want steak now.....I haven't had steak since.......mate feels like forever.eek.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wellhungarian

View Post

That looks awesome. Like an earlier discussion, blue cheese is life.

I did it just for you! biggrin.gif

I also love blue cheese inside burger patties....with a slice of smoked Gouda or Havarti on the top. mmmmmmmm.......

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

you guys are killin me. there's a place near me that has a nice burger with cajun seasoning and blue cheese. i've been thinkin' about that since i've seen all of this. man, i haven't had lunch today either...

In Pittsburgh ? I'll have to bring you the real thing in a couple of weeks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy

View Post

In Pittsburgh ? I'll have to bring you the real thing in a couple of weeks.

yeah, well...it's good anyhoo. i'd appreciate what you can clue me in to!!

i spent some time in AZ, vegas, etc. had some kickass mex, but never any real cajon...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by satman

View Post

what is kim chi ? never had it,whats it taste like ?

won bok cabbage that's a bit sour, salty, garlicky, with chili pepper. The cabbage is mixed with salt and left for a day to draw out the water. The water is drained, then the cabbage is mixed with garlic, chili pepper and a couple of other ingredients, then left out to ferment for a day or two (or more, depending on who is making it!) then refrigerated.

It's one of those things that doesn't necessarily taste good by itself, but when eaten with some kind of protein (meat, chicken, fish, egg) it's AWESOME!!

thumb.gif

• Members

sounds good man ^^. we have a good ethnic distric here, and i haven't been for a while. it's the local place where all the goods flow into town. great place to pick up all the fresh fresh. i'll have to hit it maybe this weekend and hook myself up.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

sounds good man ^^. we have a good ethnic distric here, and i haven't been for a while. it's the local place where all the goods flow into town. great place to pick up all the fresh fresh. i'll have to hit it maybe this weekend and hook myself up.

Yeah, you'd be surprised at the great food to be had if you're willing to take a chance and try stuff that's unfamiliar. A few beers helps build up what I call "culinary courage".

biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by satman

View Post

...im open to new things except liver,cant do it.

Have you ever tried duck liver? (otherwise known as foix gras) It's REAL good! Either in it's natural state, or as a spread (pate de foix gras) on toast points.

NOTHING like beef liver. Not grainy at all, more buttery and melts in your mouth! Some people don't like that texture (almost like pork fat), but I just love it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wellhungarian

View Post

Crispy Ginger Soy Chicken Thighs on a bed of Ginger Bok Choy

Homemade Oatmeal Cookies with Ice Cold Milk

ding ding ding ding ding

We have a winner!!!!

That looks DEEEEEELICIOUS!!!!

thumb.gif

keep 'em coming!

Archived