OT - revive the Food Thread!

the DW

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^^ ok DW....whats mixed in with the corn...looks good!! mmm, and I love steak too!

Another question.......charcoal or gas???? We have had charcaol forever. But needing a new griller, I like the looks of the options a gas grill has....and no mess. Another option is that they make ones with both, but are pricey!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by race81

View Post

^^ ok DW....whats mixed in with the corn...looks good!! mmm, and I love steak too!

Another question.......charcoal or gas???? We have had charcaol forever. But needing a new griller, I like the looks of the options a gas grill has....and no mess. Another option is that they make ones with both, but are pricey!

The corn has some green onion mixed in, with some Paprika sprinkled over.

As far as grilling goes, I tend to lean towards gas because of the uniformity in heat. Charcoal does make for better flavor, but the difference is a small one.

However, this is a debate as old as time iteself! biggrin.gif

...and the steak above was cooked in a cast iron skillet.

• Members

I'm definitely not much of a cook, but I'm learning! I made this about two weeks ago - my first shot at chicken quesadillas. My girlfriend is responsible for the presentation, but in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I give you quesadillas de Fitcho con pollo!

0417112007-00.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FitchFY

View Post

I'm definitely not much of a cook, but I'm learning! I made this about two weeks ago - my first shot at chicken quesadillas. My girlfriend is responsible for the presentation, but in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I give you quesadillas de Fitcho con pollo!

0417112007-00.jpg

It looks delicious! Can you mail one to me?

• Members

yesterday for Mother's Day, i made my wife "Coquille St Jaques with Buerre Blanc with Puff Pastry. it was delicious!!! that's a fancy way of saying "Seared scallops with a white wine butter sauce" -- with wild mushrooms along with yummy crab meat on the plate and a side dish of steamed carrots and broccoli.

i love to cook and have made quite a few yummy dishes for my family, both fancy and simple!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by the DW

View Post

I was debating whether or not to post this, but oh well....

The same piece of salmon with my special sauce drizzled over the top.

salmon2.jpg

I can just hear all the 'special sauce' jokes coming. facepalm.gif

biggrin.gif

yeah....i'll just make my own salmon, thank you.

• Members

And here we have pork and chicken ka-bobs....in the wrap is potatoes/sliced onions/red and green peppers/ and butter and seasoning..............and weenies for the kiddo,s................yah!

drumjamandludwigrestore012.jpg

drumjamandludwigrestore013.jpg

Can,t ya smell it!!!!..........................it twas yummie!!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by race81

View Post

And here we have pork and chicken ka-bobs....in the wrap is potatoes/sliced onions/red and green peppers/ and butter and seasoning..............and weenies for the kiddo,s................yah!

drumjamandludwigrestore012.jpg

drumjamandludwigrestore013.jpg

Can,t ya smell it!!!!..........................it twas yummie!!!

What's your address?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by the DW

View Post

Oh man, I just LOVE hot turkey sandwiches with mashed potatos. mmmmmmm........

WAAAYYYY too good....why wait till Thanksgiving to have turkey!! and i'm a total sucker for mashed potatoes with gravy. i actually love that more than the turkey itself. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

tonight i made grilled blackened chicken, threw it on top of a salad, covered it with stinky gorgonzola cheese and topped it with bleu cheese dressing along with grilled flatbread. YUM!!

some people eat to live, i DEFINITELY live to eat!!!!

Archived