• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by satman

View Post

damn DW that looks quite yummy.

post the how to brother.

It's kind of simple.

Get some chicken thighs, either regular or boneless/skinless type.

Mix a heaping tablespoon of minced garlic (more or less) with salt and pepper to taste, then add vegetable oil or olive oil to make a paste.

Rub this paste all over the chicken, and let sit in the fridge for a half hour or so.

Make an egg wash (egg and a bit of water), then dip the chicken in the egg wash, then dredge in Panko (Japanese bread crumbs) or regular bread crumbs and arrange in a baking dish. Bake at 425 for an hour (45 minutes if boneless/skinless).

The stuffing is just Stove Top, nothing special.

Unfortunately, I don't have any measurements. I just eyeball everything, so you'll have to play around with the seasonings until you get it the way you like it.

• Members

OK, I'll play. . . again.

I'm a bbq fan. . . been smokin' low and slow for years. Headed to the American Royale next week to take in the festivities and help cook for a team that won the whole shebang before (I'll be doin' some grunt work and getting outta the way).

Here's some pics of some of my own "work". . .

BrisketFatties.jpg

RIBS-1.jpg

BrisketSliced.jpg

Ribs.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by BeakerArk

View Post

OK, I'll play. . . again.

I'm a bbq fan. . . been smokin' low and slow for years. Headed to the American Royale next week to take in the festivities and help cook for a team that won the whole shebang before (I'll be doin' some grunt work and getting outta the way).

Here's some pics of some of my own "work". . .

BrisketFatties.jpg

RIBS-1.jpg

BrisketSliced.jpg

Ribs.jpg

OMG!!! Those look AWESOME!!!! Makes my mouth water just looking at it. I just LOVE bbq anything.

• Members

Right on, Tim. . that looked great. Was that bone in?

BTW, those little torpedo lookin' things in the top pic, next to the brisket flat. . .coupla breakfast sausage tubes. . . take 'em outta the plastic casing, generous sprinkle of your favorite bbq rub. . .plop 'em on at the beginning of the smoke, pull 'em off when they reach temp. . .makes a great snack whist waiting for the ribs/brisket/butt

• Members

View Post

Well Tim, I say this next in a totally platonic way. . .

Nice bark on that butt.

why thank you. {censored}er wasn't as tender as I'd hoped. I think I had choked my coals with ash and didn't have enough heat in there, and not for long enough either.

I'm usually firing up a chimney of charcoal 2 hours before mealtime and bringing stuff up to temp in a pile on the weber. indirectly, of course, but it feels like I'm punting at that point. I'll get there, I need more practice.

• Members

View Post

Please don't take this the wrong way, b/c I mean it in the best way. . .

Get rid of the brinkman. the only good thing about it is the water pan. Go get yourself a bullet. ..set it and forget it. . .you'll never have to worry about your Q again.

Check out this site. Lotsa great information.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/

well, it's been good to learn with. I turned it into a goddam inferno last weekend-- the water pan is not to be neglected! After lessn 2 hours in it the brisket was at 160 with a nice half inch crust of crunchy carbon. fail. adding cold water to the grease in the pan= big {censored}ing explosion. which was pretty awesome, but not what you want for your food. I felt like a total noob.

so the temperature gauge is blackened and the paint's charred and peeling off. I might use it again once or twice but I am hunting for its replacement. thanks for the link!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by manoeuver

View Post

adding cold water to the grease in the pan= big {censored}ing explosion. which was pretty awesome, but not what you want for your food. I felt like a total noob.

reminds me of the first time i tried to fry. i was sitting there waiting for the oil to boil, like water. after a long while, i said, "f**k it," and just dumped the chicken in. oops. never saw so much smoke in my life. slept in the car that night. apartment stunk! facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by cdawg

View Post

reminds me of the first time i tried to fry. i was sitting there waiting for the oil to boil, like water. after a long while, i said, "f**k it," and just dumped the chicken in. oops. never saw so much smoke in my life. slept in the car that night. apartment stunk! facepalm.gif

^^ Frying is best when done outside. I started a grease fire on top of the stove last week and stood there looking at it for a several seconds before I remembered the baking soda in the fridge. facepalm.gif

Archived