More bad news for global warming...

thelurker

• Members

There is no downside to reducing pollution. There is, on the other hand, tremendous downside to radically changing industry, society, and lifestyle to avert a supposed oncoming catastrophe.

Part of the U.S. being passed by China as "CO2 Maker of the Year" is due to innovative means of reducing output by industry. Smokestack scrubbers, catalytic converters, etc.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sold on Global woarming, or the polar ice cap melting thing, but......

Can anyone tell me the downside of decreasing pollution, concerving energy and curbing the worlds dependance on Fossil Fuels?

Seems like, to me, Whether Global Warming is true or not, the things they are asking us to do are ok............

I don' think anyone is disputing that either. Common sense says reduce pollution, conserve energy when you can etc. WITHIN REASON.

the problem is the scare tactics used to make you do it and lies perpetrated to try and legislate things that may be very bad for us.

Also it's an economic ploy. Who do you think they wanted to pick up the tab for Kyoto? Take a wild guess. It's using junk science for the purpose of redistribution of wealth.

But yeah, try and do things as clean as possible. that's just common sense.

• CMS Author

Can anyone tell me the downside of decreasing pollution, concerving energy and curbing the worlds dependance on Fossil Fuels?

Seems like, to me, Whether Global Warming is true or not, the things they are asking us to do are ok............

Absolutely, they are Good Things. Telling me I have to do this or the world will end....not so much......

• Members

Good intentions can lead to bad results...

All this emphasis on ethanol as a replacement for gasoline is causing very undesireable price pressure on a staple food - corn - and all the foods that consist of it....

just one example....

• Moderators
Also no one talks about the upsides to global warming. They are all just one way.
:(

It's all nostalgia. Sonny boy, back in my day the mean temperature was...

Oh yeah? So what?

Who knows what is the ideal temperature, atmosphere, etc. for our evolving planet. Any change from where we are today will have catastrophic effects to the stability of the planet that we know today. So what, why is today's planet better than tomorrow's planet? Maybe humans create global warming and kill themselves off in order to pave the way for the next culture to occupy the planet. Don't fear change. Nothing stays the same.

• Moderators

Some people might not make as much money as they currently do.

• Members

It's all nostalgia. Sonny boy, back in my day the mean temperature was...

Oh yeah? So what?

Who knows what is the ideal temperature, atmosphere, etc. for our evolving planet. Any change from where we are today will have catastrophic effects to the stability of the planet that we know today. So what, why is today's planet better than tomorrow's planet? Maybe humans create global warming and kill themselves off in order to pave the way for the next culture to occupy the planet. Don't fear change. Nothing stays the same.

Warmth = energy. We simply need to figure out how to harness that energy to get rid of our reliance on evil oil and electric companies! YAY GLOBAL WARMING!

.....does a backflip with a 360 twist and STICKS the landing

• Moderators

Finally getting ours installed in about two weeks, just in time for the end of summer.
:thu:

It's not as essential there as it is here and it's not as essential here as it is many other places, but I still feel for you. Life without AC is no life at all.

Does this mean you can put your shirt back on? :p

• Members
It's not as essential there as it is here and it's not as essential here as it is many other places, but I still feel for you. Life without AC is no life at all.

Does this mean you can put your shirt back on?
:p

:D

We live in about the hottest part of the SF South Bay Area, it gets pretty miserable sometimes. The house that we bought also doesn't have a whole lot of older trees, (yet but I planted a 15' Maple this year! :thu:), we're pretty exposed. Our heat is dry though, I'd hate to be in your neck of the woods. My sister moved to Iowa and man, I don't envy her in the least.

• Members
I walked about a 1/2 mile in downtown Denver yesterday in long pants and long sleeved shirt, it was over 90 degrees. I barely broke a sweat.
:D
C7

I went to Vega$ and it hit 112. Felt just like 85 here even though humidity had "skyrocketed" to 12% according to the news. I was getting bloody noses from my nasal cavities drying out. :D

• Members

So much for "the science is settled".
:thu:

But what about he consensus? There hasn't been such a strong scientific consensus since 1632 when Galileo was jailed for suggesting that the sun was the center of the solar system.

• Members
But what about he consensus? There hasn't been such a strong scientific consensus since 1632 when Galileo was jailed for suggesting that the sun was the center of the solar system.

Bull{censored}e! The Y2K disaster was much more recent! :mad:

• Moderators

The scientific consensus is only as strong as the media suggests it is and attempts to push forward an agenda it's latched on to.

Archived