More bad news for global warming...

thelurker

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Or altered business requirements that made your business less competitive than others overseas, causing job loss/plant closings.

:eek: No! That couldn't be anyone's motivation! :eek:

You just hate the earth and all of its inhabitants. You selfish, selfish man. :mad:

:D

• Members

So much for "the science is settled".
:thu:

No such thing as settled in science. No scientist would defend that.

It's just a shame that to get an idea through people's mind, it is pretty much required to make a caricature out of it.

• Members

It's just a shame that to get an idea through people's mind, it is pretty much required to make a caricature out of it.

Nah. Unaltered complete studies without parsing data and leaving out anything contradictory to the agenda of the person(s) trying to prove it (and this goes for both sides) would be sufficient.

• Moderators

Any time I'm in a discussion and I hear that something is settled in science I know I am not dealing with an informed participant and I'm not dealing with a scientist. I've never met a single good scientist that thought anything was settled.

• Moderators
Any time I'm in a discussion and I hear that something is settled in science I know I am not dealing with an informed participant and I'm not dealing with a scientist. I've never met a single good scientist that thought anything was settled.

The Earth is round and it travels around the Sun. We have an atom bomb that works. I'd say that is settled. ;)

• Moderators

The Earth is round and it travels around the Sun. We have an atom bomb that works. I'd say that is settled.
;)

We think we know the shape of the earth and how it travels. We think we know how the atom bomb works. If we are closed off to ever revising our understanding of those phenomenon, we have shut out scientific inquiry. There are a lot of things we think we know that eventually we will no longer believe. :)

As a more practical position, you are correct.

• Moderators

That's what scientists used to think. Now they believe it is an oblate spheroid.

Perhaps it's not really settled
:)

Zing!

I assume the current thought is the earth has a larger radius near the equator and smaller at the poles?

• Members

The best deterrent to Mankind's impact would be a permanent reduction and limiting of the total world population to something far less than it is, say one tenth of the current numbers. But, it's not PC to talk restrictions on population growth, because all species have the god-given right to reproduce unrestrictedly, including to over-produce offspring until the point of population collapse.

• Moderators

If it is and you think you have the proof positive, why don't you present your case?

If not here you can make 100 grand by doing so at Junkscience.com.

They're looking for people like you and we need to know.
;)

Go get 'em.
:thu:

JunkScience.com, in its sole discretion, will determine the winner, if any, from UGWC entries. All determinations made by JunkScience.com are final.

The winner, if any, will receive $100,000 in a single, lump sum payment. JunkScience.com does not promise or guarantee that the UGWC will have any winner.

Looks as though they've pretty much guaranteed that there will be no winner. There are no actual criteria, and junkscience.com gets to decide.

• Moderators
As a more practical position, you are correct.

Yes. That was my point. Science shouldn't stop examining what it thinks to be correct and challenging it. That's what you're taking it as being "settled" and I would agree with that. There are also observable truths.

• Moderators
That's what scientists used to think. Now they believe it is an oblate spheroid.

Perhaps it's not really settled
:)

Round/spheroid. Now we're splitting hairs with the general point of my post. Did you know that gun powder ignites when you throw a lit match in it?;)

• Members

I'm not sold on Global woarming, or the polar ice cap melting thing, but......

Can anyone tell me the downside of decreasing pollution, concerving energy and curbing the worlds dependance on Fossil Fuels?

Seems like, to me, Whether Global Warming is true or not, the things they are asking us to do are ok............

• Moderators

I'm not sold on Global woarming, or the polar ice cap melting thing, but......

Can anyone tell me the downside of decreasing pollution, concerving energy and curbing the worlds dependance on Fossil Fuels?

Seems like, to me, Whether Global Warming is true or not, the things they are asking us to do are ok............

The downside is personal convenience and competitive advantage in the marketplace if the "rules" are not equally enforced/applied.

I am all for decreasing pollution, conserving energy and curbing the world's dependence on fossil fuels, but certainly not because Chicken Little is screaming in my ear.

Archived