Arguments for Obama

zesty brick

• Members
good enough for the entire world
:thu:

Bush didn't look so bad 3 months into his first term as President.:facepalm:

Wait until Obama finishes his rule and see if you feel the same way.:wave:

OTOH, he seems to be more concerned with his international image than protecting the interests of the citizens of the United States.:mad:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OTOH, he seems to be more concerned with his international image than protecting the interests of the citizens of the United States.
:mad:

How has he failed to protect the interests of the citizens of the United States?

• Members
How has he failed to protect the interests of the citizens of the United States?

Don't you read other threads?:rolleyes:

He's bailing out failing banks and insurance companies.
He's somehow started unprecedented dilution of the US Dollar.
As well as unprecedented increases in Federal Debt.

Yep, all Obama...:facepalm:

• Members
'Black' is pretty vague in American culture... he can have a white mom and still be black. It's just whether or not you signify as black, whether society at large perceives you to be black. And, re: Obama, it apparently does.

Wait, I thought we couldn't say black anymore...isn't that offensive or something?

Did I miss a memo? I am so conflicted, I never know the correct term to use.

:cry:

• Members
Wait, I thought we couldn't say black anymore...isn't that offensive or something?

Did I miss a memo? I am so conflicted, I never know the correct term to use.

:cry:

Correct (politically). President Obama is considered to be "melaninly enhanced" compared to the largest portion of the population.

• CMS Author

Personally, I kind of like the guy. I like his style a bit.

Which makes him cool to hang with. But I'd have hung with Bush too and shared a beer and some barbeque recipes. He's probably interesting to talk with.

Attributes that don't really mean {censored} when it comes to leading the country.:)

• CMS Author

Don't you read other threads?
:rolleyes:

He's bailing out failing banks and insurance companies.

He's somehow started unprecedented dilution of the US Dollar.

As well as unprecedented increases in Federal Debt.

Yep, all Obama...
:facepalm:

And did it all before he took office!!!! He's omniscient, omnipresent and omnibus!!

• Members

Presidents seem to be an unpopular lot.

Obama took over a country in deep recession and something drastic had to be done. He was elected as the better man for the job, so why not give him a chance ?

Honest question as seen through the corner of my eye from a long distance.

Since he won obviously many folks agree that he was the better man for the job.I've yet to hear a viable reason to justify that belief.His prior experience is one notch above non existent in comparison to everyone else from both parties who threw their hats in the ring.

• Members
Since he won obviously many folks agree that he was the better man for the job.

But why do they agree?

Because rather than do a little research, they just listened to what the most prominent media sources had to say? Because he's a little more "charismatic" and a good public speaker?

And then there's the classic "at least he's not G.W." response...
I think I'm gonna give him a little more time before I make that assumption.

Personally, I'm just not as optimistic as Oprah and MTV said I should be.

• CMS Author

Presidents seem to be an unpopular lot.

Obama took over a country in deep recession and something drastic had to be done. He was elected as the better man for the job, so why not give him a chance ?

Honest question as seen through the corner of my eye from a long distance.

He gets a chance regardless of what we write.;)

I've seen nothing that I'd call drastic done yet. Throwing cash at failure corps, literally....they drive buy the corporate HQ's and toss bundles onto the sidewalk; at least that's what must have happened, since nobody seems to really know where any of it went....isn't really a drastic move. Anybody can throw money at a problem and hope for the best. And to be certain, this applies equally to the Bush adminstration/Congress.

Would YOU feel confident lending money to a stranger who's proven himself incompetent?

• Members
1. He wants to spend unheard-of-amounts of tax money to accomplish... what again?

2. He wants to try terror suspects (and possibly release them) in major American cities.

3. He philosophically favors abortion, including partial-birth (oh, I know he says he doesn't, but look at his voting record).

4. His policy of "guiding" (or taking over) banks and car companies puts the tax payer on the hook for their long-term failure (let alone the odious idea of the government controlling production).

5. The media think he's Jesus (except smarter and better looking).

That should start your conversation off right!
:thu:

:thu: right on the head.

• Members
Would YOU feel confident lending money to a stranger who's proven himself incompetent?

If allowing him to go broke would cause you a lot of pain, maybe. Not saying that it's the best long-term solution, but I can definitely understand the short term thinking.

• CMS Author

If allowing him to go broke would cause you a lot of pain, maybe. Not saying that it's the best long-term solution, but I can definitely understand the short term thinking.

Thing is, it's not the "drastic action" that Cpt. Spliff suggests was an impetus for O's election. Especially since it's the exact same action Bush and that Congress started. I've yet to see any drastic action. From what I've seen so far, that's probably a good thing. So I guess you could spin my post into a rousing endorsement of the Obama presidency!!!:D:D

• Members
But why do they agree?

Because rather than do a little research, they just listened to what the most prominent media sources had to say? Because he's a little more "charismatic" and a good public speaker?

And then there's the classic "at least he's not G.W." response...

I think I'm gonna give him a little more time before I make that assumption.

Personally, I'm just not as optimistic as Oprah and MTV said I should be.

Or Cnn or NBC or ABC or CBS or PBS or the NY Time or the Washington Post or the LA Times or Newsweek or Time or HCBF.

If the reps had put up someone who was as shallow and superficially cool as Nobama they might have had a fighting chance. Really. Instead they put up an old worn out dufus with all conventional ideas who is a disguised liberal on important issues. :facepalm:

Archived