Arguments for Obama

zesty brick

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Or Cnn or NBC or ABC or CBS or PBS or the NY Time or the Washington Post or the LA Times or Newsweek or Time or HCBF.

If the reps had put up someone who was as shallow and superficially cool as Nobama they might have had a fighting chance. Really. Instead they put up an old worn out dufus with all conventional ideas who is a disguised liberal on important issues.
:facepalm:

but you're forgetting about Sarah Palin! :love: MEEOOOWW!

:lol:

• Moderators
:mad:

I find her to be a highly intelligent person. Oh, my gosh! She even has weight issues (up and down) and sometimes has struggles in her man/woman relationship(s). It's clear how she relates so easily to many women, but everything she's done from who she is as a person to how she built her business/image from the ground up is something many men should be able to relate to and respect.

• Members
She flies across country to get her hair done.
:rolleyes:

It's because she's 'Oprah' rich!

My mom watches Oprah pretty religiously & tries to give me relationship advice all the time... "I saw on Oprah today that if you buy your wife or girlfriend flowers every week it will help your sex life." I'm like, "1... Flowers die. I spend money on stuff they can keep. 2. You shouldn't talk to me about my sex life. That's just weird." :lol:

• Members

My mom watches Oprah pretty religiously & tries to give me relationship advice all the time... "I saw on Oprah today that if you buy your wife or girlfriend flowers every week it will help your sex life." I'm like, "1... Flowers die. I spend money on stuff they can keep. 2. You shouldn't talk to me about my sex life. That's just weird."

Maybe your wife's been complaining to your mom about it. :poke:

• Members

Maybe your wife's been complaining to your mom about it. :poke:

No wife, but yeah... My g/f loves flowers & I get them for her from time to time, and she still gives me {censored} that I don't do it enough, but whatever. If I did it all the time it wouldn't be so special, right?! Haha. It's just funny to me that folks (mostly women) take relationship advice from Oprah/Phil like it's the straight from The Bible or something.

• CMS Author

With her own money.
;)

Again, there's something that feels "wrong" or hypocritical about someone who's supposed to be a huge supporter of the Party of the People, and touts the Green earth stuff when it suits, yet burns a few hundred gallons of Jet A, not to mention all those Benjamins, for a coif. If she was simply some rich woman keeping to herself, it would be one thing. But to be telling others how to live and who to vote for makes it a different thing altogether, IMO.

• CMS Author

My mom watches Oprah pretty religiously & tries to give me relationship advice all the time... "I saw on Oprah today that if you buy your wife or girlfriend flowers every week it will help your sex life." I'm like, "1... Flowers die. I spend money on stuff they can keep. 2. You shouldn't talk to me about my sex life. That's just weird."

At least it's just weird. If it was your mother-in-law, that would be wrong.

• Moderators
Again, there's something that feels "wrong" or hypocritical about someone who's supposed to be a huge supporter of the Party of the People, and touts the Green earth stuff when it suits, yet burns a few hundred gallons of Jet A, not to mention all those Benjamins, for a coif. If she was simply some rich woman keeping to herself, it would be one thing. But to be telling others how to live and who to vote for makes it a different thing altogether, IMO.

She couldn't simply be a rich woman keeping to herself, because keeping to herself isn't what made her rich.

• CMS Author

No wife, but yeah... My g/f loves flowers & I get them for her from time to time, and she still gives me {censored} that I don't do it enough, but whatever. If I did it all the time it wouldn't be so special, right?! Haha. It's just funny to me that folks (mostly women) take relationship advice from Oprah/Phil like it's the straight from The Bible or something.

Yeah, hasn't Oprah been sublty abusing Stedman for like, a thousand years?

And where is that dude? The press gets to *everyone* but he remains more mysterious than Vera, Norm's wife in Cheers.....:rolleyes::lol::lol:

• Members

This thread has no doubt really educated you about the political leanings of the membership of various posters on HCBF.

If the OP had the opportunity to ask Obama himself, he'd probably say do your homework and able to support your position.

Because that's the kind of guy he seems to be. :idea:

Archived