It... it followed me home! Really!

badpenguin

• Members

Went to GC to pick up strings, and of course, they didn't have the 3 pack I usually get. Played a few guitars I was mildly interested in, but nothing really spoke to me. (Though credit given to the new Chinese Epiphones. Outstanding! But if I wanted to spend $800+ for an Epiphone, I would spend the extra 100 bucks and get a used Tribute or Studio.) so I go across the street to Sam Ash.

I find my strings, play a few "maybes", then spy this one. A D'Angelico DC XT with Duncans stock. Ok, plays nice, like the sounds from the Duncan Psyclones, as stop tail, Hmmm...., then I see the price, and hear one of the other customers ask about a "sale that includes used". BING! So, take it to the counter, ask if this falls within the sale, he says yes but it's not used, more like a scratch and dent, but he'll do the sale price. No case or gigbag, but for $400, and that's including the strings. Oh Hell yes! Please take my money NOW! (The damage was the inside tip of the headstock where a bump cracked one of the sides by the stupid little metal thingy. Was glued and solid.

20240227_175512.thumb.jpg.7c740566708fac939c74f473b65beda8.jpg

20240227_175518.thumb.jpg.1a2790000ce8ba8a7de9c7c42298854b.jpg

20240227_175525.thumb.jpg.fc087ece83cbf1c34af7c6ad94a61326.jpg

20240227_175534.thumb.jpg.df5d9bd9b12b716d1bf8d13021a38703.jpg

• Like 3

• Members
1 hour ago, gardo said:

Good deal and I’m sure it sounds and plays great.   …… but could you please paint it . Oh my eyes

Yeeeaaaahh.... not the biggest fan of that denim-washed-out-blue, but.... I don't play the finish, and the blue is inaudible to my amp, so I think I'll keep it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

bp...Congrats...HNGD! These are reasonably well made

I have an older version of the Premier DC, with the 'stairstep' tailpiece.  In fact mine is sitting right here in the office...

The headstock is ridiculous**, and most '335' cases will not accommodate it....but you hang yours up on the wall*, so, no issues.:thu:

image.jpeg

On 2/28/2024 at 8:04 AM, gardo said:

Good deal and I’m sure it sounds and plays great.   …… but could you please paint it . Oh my eyes

is this any better? :bounce022:

*a dangerous practice here in earthquake country

**although the little metal 'nub' is great to clip your tuner to, no marks on the headstock....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Those are Duncan takes on Filtertrons? The blue/white thing is okay... maybe do a Mr Freeze thing.... but I'd change or remove that pickguard... it just seems way off for the rest of the colors. A white guard could be very tasty IMO

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Emory said:

Those are Duncan takes on Filtertrons? The blue/white thing is okay... maybe do a Mr Freeze thing.... but I'd change or remove that pickguard... it just seems way off for the rest of the colors. A white guard could be very tasty IMO

a clear guard would work as well....okay, not as well since it would not cover any of the finish....

• Like 1