Electric Guitar for under $1000

Clions

• Members

So, I have gathered about $1000 to spend on a new guitar. I found good guitars at this website. I don't want to aimlessly spend it and will be going into a store to try some out very soon.

What I need help with is there any guitars you can suggest I should definitely try for the price range.

I'm not looking for a specific style like strat, tele, LP. I want a guitar that is playable and fun.

I play blues, rock and metal and was just wondering if anyone could point out a must try guitar.

Already been told to check out the ltd ec-1000, Gibson sgj and schecter hellraiser.

Any other ones?

• Members

As jtr said, buy used. That $1000 guitar used is around 500 to 700. Take the extra money and invest in a good tech and a setup. Worth every penny they charge. Then buy a toy.

Playable and fun, covers a LOT of ground!! So basically you want a guitar to cover different sonic landscapes. "Blues, rock and metal" Ok, Ibanez is a no brainer for me. 22 or 24 fret, they have it covered. Need a Floyd equipped guitar, they have it covered. Hollow, semi hollow, solid, humbuckers, singles, a mix of both, yep, Ibanez. (A disclaimer here, while I worked for Ibanez in the 80's, I have no affiliation with them what-so-ever, other then owning 11 of their guitars. I feel they build the best sub 1K guitar out there.)

Peerless also comes to mind. Along with some of the nicer Epiphones. You can find a Gibson Paul Jr or a faded for under the 700 mark if you search feebay. 

• Members

You probably can't go wrong with a Schecter that has passive pickups in it. Like a couple of people above said, you should look for a used guitar that is around the $400-500 range. If you aren't happy with the pickups that came with it you can use that extra money you have to get some new ones done the line.

I've bought two used Schecters over the years and have been extremely happy with them. That LTD EC-1000 is a nice guitar as well.

Archived