Favourite 1 Chord

catscurlyear

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I should say that from a personal perspective, my favourites differ for what I'm doing.

Dmaj I use when I've just installed some new pickups, and to listen to the bridge and neck and check height adjustment for volume equivalence.

Cmaj, I use for middle position on two buckers or two P90 or the middle pickup on a Strat.

I'll also go for Gmaj to see how ice picky a bridge pickup is

• Members

Try this some time and see what you think...

x

:wave:

Can't say I like it, hope we can stay friends lol

Mine is much nicer :D more of a "Santa Monica Boulevard" vibe (although it's not actually in the song)

• Members

Try this some time and see what you think...

x

:wave:

That's what I've been playing lately due to some recent mobility issues in my hand - but without the open string. I usually play it with the root somewhere between the fifth and seventh frets.

I used to be an open A guy but I'm more about altered and extended now.

• Members

i`d always put low notes at the bottom in any visual description . but i can see where you are coming from cause when you look at your fretboard when you are playing it does appear that way . a friend pointed out , he once watched a guitar tutorial with the tv screen upside down and the fretboard on the screen appeared to him the correct way round because thats how we guitarists see the neck from our own point of view ,he said he could understand what the guy on the upsidedown screen was doing easier.

• Members

I tried it with the sixth string on the bottom.

to mute the second string I used my 1st finger to fret the third string while muting the second, my 2nd finger to fret the first string, 3rd finger on the fourth string and pinky on the fifth.

Archived