Forum Experience

Idunno

• Members

I think too that forums, in general, are less popular than they were because people moved to other social networks like Facebook. It's not the only reason. I was one of those who could not post for a while due to the forum interface. Also, not only the forums are empty, but the music shops too in my area. Where it was crowded a couple of years ago it's dead quiet now. Some of them even closed. The economy is not strong enough!

As for composite-acoustic guitars, I would love to have one! It would be perfect for North-America and its crazy weather! I wouldn't have to worry about humidity anymore! As much as I love my Larrivee, it's still an all solid wood guitar that needs to be taken care of. If I carry a cheaper one then I lose its playability, its ebony fretboard and its sound!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

While people like it for what it is, I have no use for FB or other similar sites, if any exist.

I do think HC will resolve itself to a much watered down version and stay there - here actually - for a long time.

New members may be seeing places to jump in and get dirty but moderation makes that implausible. The old days new members were arriving and mixing it up, settling down and becoming old school in a few months. Heavy moderation may just be the glitch in the new member-making machinery. Puritanical ideals are great for Puritans. The ideal place for that is amidst those kinds of people, not forums such as these where kids who are seasoned before they hit their teens want to kick it up a notch. Now they see crotchety old geezers like me stooping to using rational, TOA-compliant noises to make a point in discussions with others countering or supporting it with similar babble. There's no blood in the veins here anymore. At one time I was for better policing but for the sake of growth, a police state may not be the lure.

• Members

Hey Guys!

I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary as a HC Forum member. I stopped checking in after one of the several disastrous forum "upgrades".

I'm not sure why I decided to check in today, but I am happy to see some familiar "faces".

• Members
Hey Guys!

I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary as a HC Forum member. I stopped checking in after one of the several disastrous forum "upgrades".

I'm not sure why I decided to check in today, but I am happy to see some familiar "faces".

:wave: - welcome back

• Members

I registered here in 2003. I was kidless, gainfully employed and blissfully ignorant. Nowadays... well, things have changed. It wasn't until about 2008 that things got interesting around here with knockwood, JasmineTea, Coldplay, Hudman, Queequeg, et al and I learned what fun it can be to post under the influence.

Archived