Request: please stop auto-censoring our posts

niceguy

• Moderators
By the way, let me say that Ratae has done a great job. If anyone is qualified to be an Admin around here, it's him. He actually sympathizes with problems, appears to have human emotions other than contempt or anger, and makes good contributions as a member/poster.

And I know my behavior could be erratic at times. Nine years of depression gave me ups and downs on the internet, but I think I'm just being honest here. I don't hear any complaints about Ratae like I do with other Mods/Admins either. Just go to the openjam.net if you want a more renegade opinion on the moderation of this forum. I don't think it's all terrible, but it definitely drove a lot of people away.

I reckon he's a twat:angry39:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've never been on any social media sites. I've been prompted to join by friends and acquaintances but all that did was put me off their collective characters, respectively, to lesser or greater extents. That left me with the guitar-related forums and their less than stellar representation/application of control.

That cat that ended up as the mod at the acoustic guitar forum was a ghost, a name, a figment and everything else short of an actual human being in residence. Whether lacking the backbone for it or otherwise in hiding for fear of association detrimental to his other undertakings, he just didn't take the position's responsibility seriously. Even a hodaddy would have at least made an attempt. Am I getting the message across here?

But...

We're sure robo-mothering will assuage the tendered-eyed marms by culling out the old school foul mouthed toughs.

Right.

More like auto-modding to assure the mods don't have to participate. Oh, did I give an example of that already?

Besides, all it fucking takes is a little use of the features of the site to defeat the auto-mommying rendering the latter and its defenders as targets of their own methods.

Ah, well, progress is nice I suppose. I don't normally draw focus to the silliness of the site's claimed improvements, or its champions thereof, as maliciously as the foregoing but it does need to be in plain view from time to time. Honesty is the best policy, after all, though YMMV.

LOL....Do you talk like this to the chaps at the pub?

• Members
i don't care about the censorship... other people obviously cared enough to leave over it

i've been really busy with family stuff, but i intend to hang in there with this community...i feel no loyalty to the site, or the people that run it... but i do to the community

i hope things improve, traffic wise... i doubt it will ever be what it was... but that doesn't mean it can't be something cool

Good post!

• Members

It is straight up censorship, and traditionally, musicians detest censorship. I'm sure that's part (however small) of the reason for the exodus. That being said, it doesn't bother me any. I frequent other forums that do the same. It's not that big of a deal, and easy enough to get around if you really have to swear to get your point across. I can only speak for myself and a few dozen other ex-HC'ers I converse with on other forums, but the main reason for people not coming back, is because they've found better forums.

• Members
Cursing all the time is just a coverup for not knowing enough other words. It's also getting old, is not edgy, and makes a person look stupid.

And this is the main point, in the Jimmy Dean era swearing may have implied toughness but today it is a bit sad.

Like being an alcoholic or a gambler it doesn't 'impress' anyone as 'manly' these days.

(that said, I love a Tarrantino movie)

• Members

Hey Marc! :wave: Thanks for checking in, hope things are well.

Hey. Good to see a familiar face. Things are pretty well now. It has been a turbulent few years though. I'm still playing and recording. Doing less buying and more building and painting. How's things with you?

• Members

Hey. Good to see a familiar face. Things are pretty well now. It has been a turbulent few years though. I'm still playing and recording. Doing less buying and more building and painting. How's things with you?

Glad things are looking up. :thu: Yeah, pretty busy with stuff - a good busy, though. I've got a couple guitar refurb projects on the docket but just haven't had the time yet. Hopefully soon and hopefully this winter is at least occasionally dry enough for finishing work.

• Members

Nice of you to pop in and perpetuate negativity. Right on!

I made an observation, in my humble opinion. Is that not allowed here anymore? I believe you are the one that just made this negative. Have fun in fluffville. Now can we make sure everyone gets a ribbon for posting, right on! :rolleyes2:

• Members

I made an observation, in my humble opinion. Is that not allowed here anymore? I believe you are the one that just made this negative. Have fun in fluffville. Now can we make sure everyone gets a ribbon for posting, right on! :rolleyes2:

It's not only allowed, it's encouraged, as is you responding to me, which was my intention.

Where is Fluffville? Because if I'm there, I'd at least like to know where it is or what it means?

• Members
I stop in every few months to a year to see if things have improved after the fallout. Nope.

What would be nice is for you to contribute. You don't have to ask if you can use a guitar cable as a speaker cable- but you can tell us about your guitars, share some knowledge, do a review of something you have. It's how this place works.

Just stopping in for look see every few months doesn't help things improve from the fallout.

• Members

What would be nice is for you to contribute. You don't have to ask if you can use a guitar cable as a speaker cable- but you can tell us about your guitars, share some knowledge, do a review of something you have. It's how this place works.

Just stopping in for look see every few months doesn't help things improve from the fallout.

Lol, really, you are telling me how this place works? I'm not sure if they ever got the search function fixed, but if so, feel free to search the knowledge I've shared, my guitars I've shared, reviews I've shared and even the raffles I facilitated.

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's sensitive feelings by stating that this is still not close to what this place used to offer. It was not meant to put anyone down who likes the way things are now. It was more meant as a statement to the ones that f'ck'd it up.

With the environment here as it is now, I doubt this could ever get back to a similar vibrant guitar community that it once was.

• Members

image.php?userid=99755&thumb=1&dateline=1393485340

#60.1

billybilly commented

11-20-2014, 02:47 PM

Ya, seven58, contribute properly. What you've done is complain about the smell from the sewage plant then walked over to it and taken a dump.

Wow, tender flower, relax. No use to start talking about shI+, especially when one is censored from typing it. You grossly exaggerate (pun intended). I simply said that I didn't feel the place had improved. And it is also buggy, on my pc and my mac.

Archived