Lets build something that looks like an ES-175

Freeman Keller

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you for the thread FK.

Just read it from the beginning in the last 3 or 4 days when I had some spare time and thouroughly enjoyed it.

Fascinating to see it being built and the resulting guitar looks phenomenal!

I appreciate that you enjoy doing the tread thing, but it still is a fair bit of extra work and time spent doing it for you - but I really enjoyed that. Thank you.

• Members
Wow, spectacular! :eek2::love:

Did you make the pickguard and TR cover also?

Yeah, ebony with the little skulls (sorry) and more cream binding. Believe it or not Jesse masked them and shot black lacquer to match the headstock but you can still tell that they are wood.

IMG_1913_zps4cd15757.jpg

I'm working on some sound clips but it will probably not be until the weekend. Not having any idea how it would sound I'm very pleasantly surprised. It has a clear bright cutting sound - lots of fundamentals and very nicely balanced. It actually sounds like a (duh) archtop - it would be right at home playing those unpronounceable jazz chords with all the 7ths and 9ths and minor stuff.

And to keep it slightly on topic for an Electric forum, I did plug it in (remember that I put a K&K soundboard pup in it) and it sounds really good thru my old tube amp except for a tendency towards feedback (again, duh). Since I've got all the jigs and stuff made I'll probably have to make one for myself.

Thanks for all the nice comments and for the encouragement during the process.

Archived