A Real S#!77y Deal

Dixie 10-8

• Members

Yeah he has made some pretty stupid comments and doesn't really seem to care about the whole thing. It very unfortunate that you were taken advantage of by a DOUCHEBAG like this. I mean come on Grow the {censored} up. If you say your gonna make a deal follow through with it.

I hope you get your guitar back. I also hope people realize that this guy has screwed others in the past and that they have come out in this thread even. Oh and Indian Scout if you claim that you have never ripped anyone off then why have other people come forward with stories??? LIES MAN, ITS ALL LIES. YOU LIE LIKE DOG ON RUG

Also the police won't get involved unless its over a certain amount of dollars and if its over state lines then your really {censored}ed. Besides that if you live on a reservation tribal laws prevail there. So INDIAN SCOUT I say this your a {censored}ING IDIOT no one here believes a word your saying you screwed yourself by not following through on your word. GROW UP, BE A MAN, IF YOU GIVE YOUR WORD, HONOR IT.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to any cops around here. But they don't do {censored} with this type of crime. If you're not rich, their boss or some powerful pollitition you're {censored}ed.

They could sue in small claims.

Then again you could try feds? Sounds like Interstate mail fraud maybe. I'm not a laywer.

The racist comments really suck.

• Members

Sorry to any cops around here. But they don't do {censored} with this type of crime. If you're not rich, their boss or some powerful pollitition you're {censored}ed.

They could sue in small claims.

Then again you could try feds? Sounds like Interstate mail fraud maybe. I'm not a laywer.

Hahahha what? This dude didn't accept the guitar- unless I missed something (didn't read the 6 page catfight) then that doesn't constitute theft. Not only that, what are the cops going to do? He'd need an investigator to get the facts straight and make sense of this mess- it's not about politics or money. And yeah, sue in small claims is exactly what he'd have to do.

I'm 99% sure that mail fraud only applies to items handled by the government (U.S.P.S.).

• Members

I'm not coming to the defense of IndianScout but when people are going through troubled times they do things to make themselves feel better. Such as buy a car or go shopping (think about your when your wife gets depressed, she goes shopping and spends money you don't have) or spend time on the net looking at guitars to buy. It lets them forget about their problems for a while and they also get a sense of reward from it. But what usually happens is that reality takes over and it all turns to {censored} as in this case. People who once were reliable temporarily fall apart

Scout I realize whats going on here, you feel good when you make a guitar deal, for a moment you forget what you and your family are going through.

I realize that every moment of your life isn't spent looking after your wife there's a lot of spare time just sitting and thinking and that's not good. So to take your mind off of your troubles you click on the computer to look at all the pretty guitars.

I don't have a solution for you but my advice is look at the pictures, but don't buy. I know it's difficult but you don't need another source of stress

There are other forums where you just discuss guitars, music, how much the latest Van Halen tour sucked ect. They are much more interactive which in your present situation may be what you need.

• Members
I'm not coming to the defense of IndianScout but when people are going through troubled times they do things to make themselves feel better. Such as buy a car or go shopping (think about your when your wife gets depressed, she goes shopping and spends money you don't have) or spend time on the net looking at guitars to buy. It lets them forget about their problems for a while and they also get a sense of reward from it. But what usually happens is that reality takes over and it all turns to {censored} as in this case. People who once were reliable temporarily fall apart

Scout I realize whats going on here, you feel good when you make a guitar deal, for a moment you forget what you and your family are going through.

I realize that every moment of your life isn't spent looking after your wife there's a lot of spare time just sitting and thinking and that's not good. So to take your mind off of your troubles you click on the computer to look at all the pretty guitars.

I don't have a solution for you but my advice is look at the pictures, but don't buy. I know it's difficult but you don't need another source of stress

There are other forums where you just discuss guitars, music, how much the latest Van Halen tour sucked ect. They are much more interactive which in your present situation may be what you need.

I can understand you want to do divert your attention during hard times and do something nice for yourself,that is very understandable.Just be a man of integrity when dealing with other people and live up to what you say.

• Members

7PlaGues - No, no guitar. As far as I know it's still in Montana. What are my losses? Shipping, packing materials, gas, time...I don't care about the money. I care about getting dumped on by a fellow musician.

rocktuna - You're a nice guy to try and find an explanation for this kind of behavior, but believe me, it isn't about a guy acting irrationally out of stress. It's about calculated, purposeful deceit.

And by the way, Scout...you haven't responded to Scottie C.'s question yet; the one about you offering another member here your Tele in trade, four days after you were supposed to have shipped it to me. Deny it, man. Give that other member a reason to post your email offer here.

• Members

7PlaGues - No, no guitar. As far as I know it's still in Montana. What are my losses? Shipping, packing materials, gas, time...I don't care about the money. I care about getting dumped on by a fellow musician.

did you get a tracking slip, insurance, or anything when you shipped it? was it via USPS? IF so, I can probably make a call for you and see if I can get a buddy of mine to assist.

• Members

I think all of this could have been avoided by trading with the "trade for my tele?" guy.

I think John F Kennedy could have avoided the crossfire of bullets in Dallas that blew his head off set up by Lyndon Johnson if he would have avoided the trip as his brother pleaded and begged him to do....hindsight will always be 20/20.

JFK didn't set up 4 or 5 shooters to aim for him..... nor did Dixie plan on driving through hell and half of Georgia for a guitar deal.

• Members

I think John F Kennedy could have avoided the crossfire of bullets in Dallas that blew his head off set up by Lyndon Johnson if he would have avoided the trip as his brother pleaded and begged him to do....hindsight will always be 20/20.

JFK didn't set up 4 or 5 shooters to aim for him..... nor did Dixie plan on driving through hell and half of Georgia for a guitar deal.

Crossfire? From a lone gunman?...4 or 5 shooters?

:poke::lol:

• Members

I think all of this could have been avoided by trading with the "trade for my tele?" guy.

And that is the problem with these types of forums. You just never know how things are going to go down. I know this forum is full of great guys that would never even think about screwing someone over, but then there are certain guys that just don't care. It is really unfortunate.

IndianScout keeps mentioning that he never stole anything from anyone. Well Dixie is out a bunch of money, not to mention time spent, packing supplies, plus had to endure (and is still enduring) a ton of stress because of him. That is only one guy. There have been a bunch of others chime in here that have had similar dealings and I am sure there are a bunch more who have had problems but don't check here anymore. So maybe IndianScout didn't "steal" anything from anybody, but a bunch of people have been screwed over. Not a big difference in my books between stealing and causing someone to be out money.

• Members

Crossfire? From a lone gunman?...4 or 5 shooters?

:poke:
:lol:

Riiiiight.... Lone gunman? Nope, all of them had a lookout man with them, so none were alone. Lyndon Johnson could of made a fortune on the psychic friends network, as only 3 inches of his head was sticking up past the window sill of the Cadillac convertible he was riding in 2 cars behind Kennedy by the time they turned from Houston to Elm. You'd think a man that stands 6 foot 3 would be sitting a little taller in his seat during a parade. Hmmmmm.....

• Members

Scout...is this true?? If it's not...then I would start defending this argument quick, as if it is, you're probably just about done trading on these forums.

You'll probably get your wish.

Yes plz I want to know this too. It doesn't look like we are getting the whole story here because a million people posting and the arguments not getting resolved concisely.

• Members

wtf is going on lately, all these douchebags are coming out of the woodworks. It is very important for us to weed out the scammers, bad traders, and sleaze bags so we can ensure as safe of a trading environment as possible. I hope this, the effects forum jbrazz thread and the effects for sale warning aporcelainsky is a scammer thread serves as sufficient warning for all douchebags that are {censored}ing people over will not only not be tolerated, but you will get your name dragged thru the mud and never ever be able to do business here again. Jbrazz is {censored}ing done and aporcelainesky lost a ton of potential customers because of the way the handled their business affairs. This dude indianscout is {censored}ing done here on these boards. there is no way anybody is going to want to trade with a guy that tries to sell a guitar that he should have sent off for a trade. how {censored}ing dumb. good ridance to all forum scamming douchebags.

• Members

Riiiiight.... Lone gunman? Nope, all of them had a lookout man with them, so none were alone. Lyndon Johnson could of made a fortune on the psychic friends network, as only 3 inches of his head was sticking up past the window sill of the Cadillac convertible he was riding in 2 cars behind Kennedy by the time they turned from Houston to Elm. You'd think a man that stands 6 foot 3 would be sitting a little taller in his seat during a parade. Hmmmmm.....

:lol:

So you're one of 'those' guys...:rolleyes:

Don't take it the wrong way, Doc...I'm just funning with you. :thu:

• Members

im gonna start pming all the people that have had good deals with the sellers. anyone can feel free to do so to me as well, and will be pleased. also, if only a couple references or less, i will ask to receive the item first. ive done that a couple of times and everything went well, shipped out the day i received the trade items from members with less than 50 posts.

• Members

im gonna start pming all the people that have had good deals with the sellers. anyone can feel free to do so to me as well, and will be pleased. also, if only a couple references or less, i will ask to receive the item first. ive done that a couple of times and everything went well, shipped out the day i received the trade items from members with less than 50 posts.

i wish it were that easy, but some of these guys have thousands of posts and they are still screwing people over. My rule of thumb is that if you have a low post count i wont engage in any trading at all, i will take your money for my item(and actually send it!) but i will not send you my gear or send you my money. Also if i see a low post count with an early join date that means these are people who do not participate on the forums and only use hc to peddle their junk and i would be weary of those people too. In my eyes, these are individuals with little to lose and are more likely to screw you over than an actively participating member of the forums. It sucks, there are always a few assholes that try to ruin it for the rest.

• Members

yea, but if you have the item you traded for in your hands and it works, then there is no issue sending your part of the deal. as long as they agree to it first. i traded an air norton for a super distortion with a guy who had been on here for a few months and had like 9 posts. i had him send first. i got it installed it the same day, worked great, and sent him mine that afternoon. there really was no risk, and he understood why i was uneasy.

Archived