A Real S#!77y Deal

Dixie 10-8

• Members

Its {censored} like this that make doing business on these boards sketchy.If you can't come through with the deal , then dont make it . If my wife is in the hospital with cancer , the last thing im thinking about is trading guitars on harmony central.... {censored}in lame

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I care more than I could ever express...

this is NOT like me to do this...

and yes it does hurt..

That's good to hear. There is a right way to do business and then there is bad business. I think we all know the difference. It all boils down to communication though. Sometimes {censored} happens that's out of our control. We've all had this happen. That's life and everyone should be understanding of this. COMMUNICATION on the front end can end a lot of bad deals before they even go bad. Any time I do a deal I think I'm annoying the hell out of the other person. I just want to make sure I tell everything and leave nothing to chance. In the end I've never dealt with a person that didn't say it was a smooth transaction.

I hope you two can work everything out.

• Members

oh well I guess this is just a lets jump Indian bitch session..

so be it...

I tried..

Indian - Steve

Steve-

You and I have done a couple deals together, and we have never had a problem. Dixie & I have never done a deal, but he seems like a pretty stand up guy.....so being that you and him are really the only two that knows whats truly going on here, I'm not going to bother being the judge. Hard for any judge to make a ruling without the facts.

But you have to do me a big, big, favor.... you have to drop this poor. pitiful, beat down Indian thing.

Call me stooopid, call me crazy.... but in all the time I have seen you post on here, I just assumed your name was something you thought sounded cool.... I never thought of you as Black, White, Indian, Jewish, Gay, Bi, Catholic... or anything else but a guy on here trading gear.

I don't think any of the strong opinions offered by ANYONE here have anything to do with the idea that you maybe of Indian heritage. No matter what's going on in this case, we need to move past this race thing ASAP. Dwelling on this Indian race card {censored} is just smoke & mirrors standing in the way of resolving the real issue here.

The key is communication.... you and Dixie need to get off this soon to be 10 pages of thread bull{censored}, and work this out privately through PM.... or better yet.... I'll bet both of you own phones. You'd be surprised how much bull{censored} can get cleaned up in a 5 minute phone call.

• Members

So now that you've been called out, you're suddenly the great communicator? Where were you when I was waiting day after day for a tracking number?

And just what is it you're deeply sorry about? Maybe you're sorry I found out that four days after you were supposed to ship the Tele to me, you were offering it to another member in trade? What kind of {censored} is that? You can play the sympathy card and the racist card till hell freezes but you're not fooling anyone. You've run your game on too many people here, and now you want to buy your way out of it by refunding my shipping? Too late, man. I don't want your money or anything else from you.

• Members

k bro you got it...

this I promise...

Thank you.

You've been here way to long to lose all credit over this.

It sounds like this created quite a hassle for Dixie.... you've apologized. Good.

You've taken responsibility. Good. Wanna make this all go away? Simply ask him what would make him happy.... I have a feeling he'll be pretty reasonable.

And before you know it... all we be well.

Speaking of well. We all wish your wife all the best. My mother is just overcoming some health issues right now, and it can be life changing, not just for the patient, but for their family as well. Don't be afraid to take some time off from things. Of course her health comes before any guitar deal.... this is just stuff....means nothing compared to living things...... but the stresses you are up against should not be unfairly shared by a unknowing, and unaware passerby either. You know what I'm saying.

• Members

Someone should get him banned. I read through all of his comments and it really makes me laugh because no idiot in their right mind would be posting on music forums for trading/buying gear if their wife was really sick with cancer and if you did do that you are more than an asshole and you don't deserve to be married. Cancer screenings and appointments to the doctor cost A LOT of money and if it is true that your wife is sick than you are also a sick man by getting on forums and using money to buy/trade gear when that should be going to your sick wife.

Indianscout, you are a moron.

• Members

Take the money. Live and learn. He's offering what he can to make you whole. Take it then walk away. But leave the anger behind otherwise it becomes your burden.

Gotta agree with the GangBanger here..... the question is, will you actually see this "reimbursement" or is it all bull{censored}?

Indian- I tried to at least support you and give you the benefit of the doubt, and I got a LMFAO in return (see above)..... along with other insincere and smart ass sounding responses.... it's getting easier by the minute to believe that Dixie's version of the story is probably about 99% accurate.

• Members

I hate to bash but...

Dude definately has a problem with this type of situation. Someone a couple months ago posted about some problems with this same sort of thing. Although I never posted about it, he even did the same thing to me. Tried to get me to call FedEx and have them return an amp that it cost me 50 something bucks to ship.

And then it took him TWO WEEKS to finally ship my end of the deal. All the while giving me all sorts of bull{censored}.

Steve, I'm still waiting on that EQ and plastic pedalboard you promised me for all my troubles and patience...:poke:
:rolleyes:

Oh...I almost forgot the funniest part:

Two weeks go by, and I finally say, 'ok man, it's time you ship the guitar'. He had been telling me there was so much snow so he couldn't get out (he could manage to get out to play gigs with the amp I just shipped him though).

So he then proposes that I go to Fedex.com and purchase a shipping label for the guitar he is shipping me...he would give me the dimensions and weight, I would buy the label and email it to him. Then he would paypal me the money.

I then suggested that HE go to Fedex.com and purchase the label and we just avoid all the emailing and paypaling...:rolleyes::facepalm:

Then he tells me, 'well I'll just ship it tomorrow when I take the wife to the doctor'.

I THOUGHT YOU COULDN'T GET OUT BECAUSE OF THE SNOW?!?!?!

Originally I just let all of this slide...EVEN AFTER he didn't send two items he said he would send (which after I brought it up in this thread, supposedly he's going to send...he PM'd me for my address).

But since our deal, I have seen TWO DIFFERENT THREADS where he has pulled the exact same {censored} with two other people. I had to chime in finally.

• Members

I've never ripped anyone here on the boards or on several others..

here's a clue if you think I rippped you, then call the cop's I've never stolen anything in my LIFE PERIOD..

other than that I have explained myself,,

if you can't get over it then just STFU and go away, I could care less...

end of story..

• Members

Actually, Scottie, Dixie's version is 100% accurate. And yeah, Crusher, it does suck. Why won't I accept his offer to refund my shipping costs? To do so would suggest that good old Indianscout has done the right thing and all is forgiven. Bull{censored}. Can he refund the lies? Can he refund my time? Can he run down my Strat somewhere in Montana and get it back to me?

Here's the thing to keep in mind: The day before my strat arrived at his door, he was offering the tele in trade to another member here - and that was four days AFTER he was supposed to have shipped it to me. That pretty much says it all.

I know some of you guys are trying to be diplomatic about it and would like to see a 'kiss & make up' resolution, but that's not going to happen. I didn't start this thread to try and get my money back - I started it to expose this guy for the lying, unethical fraud he really is. The longer this thread runs, the more members we see coming forward with their own Indianscout stories. Obviously he's burned others here in the past and gotten away with it. But not this time. Maybe the next time a member here gets an offer from this guy they will remember this thread. Maybe he'll never get the chance to run his game on anyone else here. I don't want his money - I want as many members as possible to know who and what this guy really is. I hope this thread runs to twenty pages.

Archived