A Real S#!77y Deal

Dixie 10-8

• Members

I recently posted a Deluxe U.S. Strat for trade and a member responded with a Tele trade offer. He's been around here a long time, has a ton of posts, and some references. Seemed like a safe deal to do, so I accepted the offer. We exchanged the usual emails and shipping addresses, and agreed to ship the guitars on Friday, April 3rd.

I got packing materials together, got the strat packed up and the box labeled, and on Friday morning I had it in the Fedex system, fully insured, before 9:00 a.m. I returned home and sent him the tracking number immediately. (You say you're going to do it, you do it.) So Friday passes and I don't hear from him - no tracking number, no communication. The next day (Saturday) I email him and ask if he got the tele shipped out. He emails back, "...it got dropped off at the local store that does UPS for us. When they open this morning I'll get that number for ya." But he doesn't. Saturday passes, no email, no tracking #.

On Monday April 6th I email to ask if he's got it shipped out yet. He answers, "No, just running very very much behind. I'll get this rushed out I promise." I remind him that we agreed to ship on Friday April 3rd. He says, "It's at the store I just haven't went down to pay for it...I WILL expedite to 3-day shipping so they both arrive the same day. I am not going to lose my good name on 1 deal."

Tuesday April 7th passes. Nothing. Wednesday April 8th. Nothing

Today, April 9th, I pull up tracking on the Strat I shipped and see that it has found its way to North Dakota, and..."Delivery Refused By Recipient." After all my patience and all his promises, he has refused shipment. This morning I emailed him to ask what's going on. Eight hours later, no response.

So at the end of the day I've invested in packing materials, 140 mile of driving back & forth to the nearest Fedex, $33 in shipping and insurance, and way too much computer time trying to get a straight answer from my trading partner. And right now, all I know is that my Strat is (or was) in Billings, Montana - and that's a long way from Georgia. So here's my recommendation: Unless you want to do business with someone who will bull{censored} and flat out lie to you every step of the way, you'd do well to avoid Indianscout. I don't care how many posts he has, or how many supposed good deals he's had in the past - you don't {censored} on a fellow musician the way he's {censored} on me, and I'm betting I'm not the first one he's done it to here. He'll probably jump in here and deny the whole thing, or come up with yet another pile of lies - in which case, I will post our email communications from start to finish, verbatim. He wouldn't like that.

"I am not going to lose my good name on 1 deal." Guess what, Indianscout?

You just did. I'm just hoping I get my strat back.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man that is some BS. I had a perfectly good trade with you Dixie and you ARE a stand-up guy who does what he says. I'm still loving the Jagmaster BTW.

You should get some of your cop buddys to help you out................

The way you pack guitars(if its anything like how you packed the jag) you should get it back in one peice. Good luck Norm.

Ben--------Altgtr33

• Members

Well, if I was in your position, I'd be pretty upset myself. But, I would say at least give him the benefit of the doubt. Not making excuses, but there still could be an explanation for it and he still may make amends with you on it....

BUT, if not, well, post away.

• Members

He'll probably jump in here and deny the whole thing, or come up with yet another pile of lies - in which case, I will post our email communications from start to finish, verbatim. He wouldn't like that.

Why not post them anyway?

BTW, thanks for the heads up. A {censored}ty deal makes it harder for everybody here. I guess ya just never know. Hope you get your axe back safe and sound.

PBRStreetGang

• Members

Dude! That is a {censored}ty deal. I am the guy that you sent FREE strat pieces to when I got ripped off. You don't get much more "stand up guy" than that! Seems really weird that he acted like that. Hopefully you get your guitar back in the same shape it left in.

• Members

This whole thread needs to go to the complaints department. Sorry to hear all that happened. I always see all the "good deals" that happen here. First I have seen of a bad one.

Some people are just unreliable man. Least ya gettin your axe back though man. :thu:

• Members

Oh man, I feel ya Dixie...I had kinda the same thing happend to me with him. The deal finally went through but it took a couple of weeks. I know where he lives there isn't really a UPS or FedEx store...but I agree, not a good deal man...I feel for ya

• Members

I've had a couple of "deals" going with this guy, both at his request, and he ended up giving so many ridiculous reasons for repeated delays that I simply let him drop off my radar for trades. I even asked around before shipping and got lukewarm references at best. Sorry to hear about your deal.

• Members

If I remember correctly there have been other stories about this guy on here and on another forum that have been pretty poor. Somehow he has always weaseled his way out of being responsible for anything because a couple of the old dogs always have his back. He seems pretty shady from what I have seen.

• Members

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2296100

Now this guy is trying to call someone else out for trying to rip him off.
:facepalm:

I feel really bad for you. These good deals references are part of what I look for to make a deal. I even posted on that^^^.

I would like to hear his story, but I have sent out a nice guitar with good faith once and iplayanesp was great about getting my trade to me in good condition quickly. That process is kinda freaky until you get the tracking number and I am sorry that didn't work out better.:thu:

• Members

I wasn't here when FedEx came yesterday and our sitter refused the package, we were in the City with the wife getting rushed CT scan for what we now know is another cancer surgery.

if you're mad I'm sorry but I didn't send it back and forgot to tell the sitter, so yes it is 100% my fault, I take complete blame..

• Members

I hate to bash but...

Dude definately has a problem with this type of situation. Someone a couple months ago posted about some problems with this same sort of thing. Although I never posted about it, he even did the same thing to me. Tried to get me to call FedEx and have them return an amp that it cost me 50 something bucks to ship.

And then it took him TWO WEEKS to finally ship my end of the deal. All the while giving me all sorts of bull{censored}.

Steve, I'm still waiting on that EQ and plastic pedalboard you promised me for all my troubles and patience...:poke::rolleyes:

• Members

yes I guess my family does have a problem being disabled with cancer, and I also have trouble getting stuff out I totally will admit that, but I do my best with what I have..

Good I sent you an additional 3 PM's asking for your address, I have them saved shall I post them, you never replied to me after the last bashing..

I can't send if I don't have an address..

nice try tho..

• Members

I thought this all happened back in the middle of January?

since Jan 1, the wife has had 4 surgeries 3 for mesh from where they removed organs and intestines from her cancer, 1 to redo the mesh that ripped apart, now a new one because the cancer has spread..

care to read the dr notes..

Archived