a currently popular brand that you hate the MOST...

cg_25

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate stratocasters because the image is worn out. You can spend $1200 on a sweeeeet american fender, strat but when a kid asks: "what kind of guitar do you have" and you say a stratocaster, they don't know the differnece between a squire and a real fender. Then the kid probably pipes up and says: oh I have a strat too; when really hes got a squire.

Basically people don't understand the real value of them... and to regular people a strat is a strat, they don't appreciate the craftsmanship gone into the making of a genuine fender.

!

I play a Tele. But I play a Squier Tele.

A) It's perfectly good

B) I always say, "I just play a Squier".

I'm poor and I appreciate the value of gear.

mainly because i can't afford most of it!

• Members

You're missing something here -- he didn't just discontinue them for the sake of discontining. A lot of his pedals have components that are hard to find ... and w/out parts -- he can't continue to make stuff.

And I agree ... EMG active pups are also on my hate list.

#36'd

• Members
Pointy guitars.... UGH! Funnily enough,
my first guitar was a pointy Ibanez and my first amp was a 15W Crate solid state
. I handed them down to the little brother in hope that he'd take it up. Now they are collecting dust.

Feel like giving them away/selling them? :)

• Members

I'd have to say Behringer ....

I'll have to second that too.

My old roommate had a {censored}tly likee Behringer V-amp. Thing crapped out with a distortion pedal infront of it and the presets were the worst sounding effects I've ever heard. My roommate used to always give me {censored} about owning a tube amp saying it was not space efficent blah blah blah and how his v-amp sounded better. He was an idiot.

• Members
I played with a guy who had a board that was mostly old EH stuff. He loved them but was always taking things apart and did more fixing then playing.

:lol: That sounds like me! Yeah, I've always said that EHX is the Harley Davidson of pedals - OVERSIZED, noisy, legendary, made in the USA, and prone to incessant maintenance. I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Members

EHX for the stupid names, {censored} housings and having umpteen similarly named but differently sized and specced versions of the same basic pedal so I have to triple check I'm looking at the right thing all the time. Or I would if I could be {censored}ed checking them out any more.

• Members

I play a Tele. But I play a Squier Tele.

A) It's perfectly good

B) I always say, "I just play a Squier".

I'm poor and I appreciate the value of gear.

mainly because i can't afford most of it!

I just bought the Chinese Squier Jagmaster from JETKING. I tried out melx's, and fell in love with it. I have no prejudice against Squiers. There are lots of Squiers I would like to own.

• Members

Man, I CAN'T hate BC Rich. My first guitar was a crappy Warlock, I bought it for the cheese factor (I wasn't really sure I'd get into guitar, and I thought I might as well have one that looked over the top), and I still love the guitars for the nostalgia, that was a cool time in my life. Of course, I wouldn't buy another one ever.

I don't hate Strats, but I do hate playing them. Solely due to Vol knob placement as noted above. I know it's player error, but every time I get into playing something on one I hit it and kill my volume/gain. It's a bummer, because I like the way the a Strat neck w/ jumbo frets feels.

• Members

I always hated Peavy stuff. I always thought theirs amps were {censored} and the guitars were lame. Plus a lot of country guys used to use their stuff. And I hate EVH Frankenstrat clones (homemade and $19000 ripoffs)!!! Major hate!!! And yes I know it's technically not a brand but it's getting damn close to one. If you really want to emulate Ed, drink your liver into submission. Of course I'm sure he will sell you an EVH branded liver that looks just like his with a cool stripe paint job on it.

• Members

I always hated Peavy stuff. I always thought theirs amps were {censored} and the guitars were lame. Plus a lot of country guys used to use their stuff. And I hate EVH Frankenstrat clones (homemade and $19000 ripoffs)!!! Major hate!!! And yes I know it's technically not a brand but it's getting damn close to one. If you really want to emulate Ed, drink your liver into submission. Of course I'm sure he will sell you an EVH branded liver that looks just like his with a cool stripe paint job on it.

Ouch. I'm not one of those guys, but.. dude, that's sorta harsh, don'cha think?

• Members

I really dislike Peavey amps.

Its just something about them...

I'm not a Strat fan at all, but I really do try to respect all gear. What I really hate is when people assume that they know what a musician is all about, purely based on what gear they use.

But I would like to own a vintage sunburst Strat like the one Buddy Holly used to play.

• Members

What's so harsh about it? Ed wrote a lot better tunes when he was a total lush and not just a part timer like he is now. That's usually the case with musicians. They clean up and the music sucks. Metallica were great as drunks but they suck balls now.

• Members

What's so harsh about it? Ed wrote a lot better tunes when he was a total lush and not just a part timer like he is now. That's usually the case with musicians. They clean up and the music sucks. Metallica were great as drunks but they suck balls now.

winnar.

Archived