a currently popular brand that you hate the MOST...

cg_25

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't mind the strat body shape, even if it is commonplace. You can cram almost any combination of electronics and hardware in it, it's comfortable, and it has great case options since it isn't some godawful shape it's hard as hell to find flight cases for (like a Jag or JM). Superstrats are

I don't really hate any brand in particular. Not a huge fan of Deans, BC Riches, or PRSes, but show me something from them I like and I'd rock it.

Effectswise, same thing. The only brand I might really hate is Catalinbread, because the man makes awesome pedals but I NEVER HAVE ANY ROOM ON MY BOARD FOR THEM. :cry:

• Members
Maybe I just find it silly to group together and talk about things you hate.

:idk:

because if all we ever do is talk about are things we love rather than things we love and hate, then we'd just be fanboys and not actual effects critics :thu:

• Members

I have a slight dislike for stuff of the brands Ibanez and Boss because they are so plentiful over here. In Norway you have music stores that stock Fender, Ibanez, Boss and Gibson.. outside of that, there ain't that much really..

Boring.. :cry:;)

• Members

first off... the mandate of this thread was 'popular' brands, of which zvex EhX fender boss all are, but BC rich danelectro and peavey?
strats are amazing if played and eq'd right. people hate them because they don't do the EMG metal head distortion, but heck, they have been the standard music maker for 50 years.
BOss? do you really hate boss?
I find it hard to find a popular brand that i hate: but i guess it would be line 6
1. their modelers are cool and i can't live iwthout my DL4 but its freakin' HUGE
2. they threw multi effects into their 'bogner' amp. it sounds great for a line 6, but why the heck would bogner marr their name?
3. multi effect units are one thing, multi effect amps?
4. the variax? what is that?
5. and their new monster pedal thing thats out.
my .02

• Members

Maybe not in the past, but nowadays Boss is pretty much just running on old rep. 90% of their pedals just sound outright bad. Of course they have some jems, but overall they just make inferior quality stuff that is way overpriced. MXR pedals all sound better than their boss alternatives and are usually cheaper, as well as lots of better options

• Members
I have a slight dislike for stuff of the brands Ibanez and Boss because they are so plentiful over here. In Norway you have music stores that stock Fender, Ibanez, Boss and Gibson.. outside of that, there ain't that much really..

Boring..
:cry:;)

Say wah!? You need to talk to my good buddy, Arne!
http://www.vintagegitar.no/

• Members

Maybe not in the past, but nowadays Boss is pretty much just running on old rep. 90% of their pedals just sound outright bad. Of course they have some jems, but overall they just make inferior quality stuff that is way overpriced. MXR pedals all sound better than their boss alternatives and are usually cheaper, as well as lots of better options

eh, to each his own i guess. boss has been stepping it up lately.

the space echo is amazing bottom line. the slicer looks awesome. and you know how much i love the od3. recently, ive been totally gassing for a rotary ensemble. that thing looks awesome and sounds cool too.

Archived