a currently popular brand that you hate the MOST...

cg_25

• Members

Out of all the Gibson electrics the SG is the one I probably like the most. It sounds a lot better than a Les Paul to me. A lot more clear and defined. They sound great into the right amp. Obviously not a fantastic clean tone though.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
+1

I know a lot of people love SG's but i just don't like how they play and how the neck feels. The TOM and the flat top just feel strange to me and IMO there's nog resonance what so ever. It feels like i'm playing a lump of wood instead of a guitar.

all IMO offcourse
:wave:

THANK you!

• Members

Strats I used to hate, since everyone had one. Then I got one. The guitar forces you to stop being so sloppy. My technique has improved more in 2 years than the past 16.

If you hate Crate, you haven't played a V3112.

Now for my hate...

Fulltone. Absolutely can't stand Fuller. He's a combinaion of Bill Gates (reverse engineer and copy) and Martha Stewart (personality).

Marshall. I don't hate the actual amps, but the bands that use them. I've seen so many crap punk/metal bands, median age usually around 18, hauling full stacks of Marshalls around. Usually to smallish venues that hold maybe 40 people - and they crank them so damn loud you can't even hear the drummer.

• Members

I don't like LPs or PRS or Scheters

I don't like most current production Ibanez, the artcores are pretty sweet though.

Don't like digitech or zoom effects

Monster cables

I hate BJF simply because I can't afford them

• Members

If you hate Crate, you haven't played a V3112.

If you love that amp, just wait until it inevitably breaks, and you see the awful workmanship they put into those amps. They do sound quite good though.

Monster cables suck.

• Members

True and later in their career both used Teles pretty much most of the time.

Wouldn't have said Thayil played a Tele MOST of the time. It depending on what songs were in the set each night; there were a lot of different guitars for a lot of different tunings.

• Members

I don't hate anything. You people are losers with too much time on your hands if you've been so completely corrupted by brand imaging that you now campaign for your favorite products or ceaselessly attack the competition. Unless it's your job to go on the internet and hate on things you don't use, you really should try to find something better to do.

Said with love, of course.

• Members

Can I count Guitar Center as a brand? I just want to play a few different guitars in peace, leave me alone for five {censored}ing minutes!

Whew. That out of the way, I don't particularly "hate" any brands - I think there are definitely flavor of the month brands and gimmicky stuff, but to each their own, I suppose.

Except for Analog Man. I hate Analog Man because I can't buy a Sun Lion for less than $600 {censored}ing dollars. :mad:

• Members
I don't hate anything. You people are losers with too much time on your hands if you've been so completely corrupted by brand imaging that you now campaign for your favorite products or ceaselessly attack the competition. Unless it's your job to go on the internet and hate on things you don't use, you really should try to find something better to do.

Said with love, of course.

Agreed :thu::o It's all just tools anyways- wouldn't it be a bit boring if everyone played the same {censored}?

• Members

If you love that amp, just wait until it inevitably breaks, and you see the awful workmanship they put into those amps. They do sound quite good though.

Monster cables suck.

Where was yours made? Apparently some are not made in the US anymore, mine was deffinitely US. My amp tech went over it when I first got it, he loved it. Said I might want to switch out the speaker (Celestion) someday, but that's it.

Monster instrument cables do suck. Unless you're talking AV cables, those are ok.

Archived