a currently popular brand that you hate the MOST...

cg_25

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not a real big fan of Skreddy. Don't get me wrong, the guy makes quality stuff. I just don't like the whole "make a pedal, sell a pedal, discontinue pedal" practice. It seems overdone.

He's only ever discontinued pedals that require certain, often hard to get, components. Such was the case with the Pink Flesh.

• Members

Yeah, Strat copies are always played by high school cover bands when both guitarist play the same thing, and its always nirvana covers....not too much of a fan of strats, Its mainly strat copies i don't like though.

yeah, basically that.

Now don't get me wrong. Im only 17, but I appreciate the value of equipment. You won't find and crap equipment in my house!

• Members

He's only ever discontinued pedals that require certain, often hard to get, components. Such was the case with the Pink Flesh.

yeah I know. If he had done it once, I'd understand, but after doing it several times, it seems like a rather cynical marketing ploy.

• Members

yeah I know. If he had done it once, I'd understand, but after doing it several times, it seems like a rather cynical marketing ploy.

I don't really get it either, no other booteek brand ever has this problem...

• Members

I'm not a real big fan of Lovepedal. Don't get me wrong, the guy makes quality stuff. I just don't like the whole "make a pedal, sell a pedal, discontinue pedal" practice. It seems overdone.

Fix'd

and +100 to Lovepedal

I hate Dean guitars, especially the X shaped headstocks.

• Members

they are just a bit 'yawn' I think, I don't hate them though....and I agree it's the amount of copies that has made them seem that way.

I find them extremely versatile. The only sound I can't really get out of my strat is teh brootalz, which I'm ok with. The usefulness of a product far outweighs my dislike of its trendiness.

• Members

really?

Yep. I went thru 3 holy grails that either died or suddenly started to sound like crap, a phaser and a chorus and I still have a Bassballs that only works 1/2 the time.

Thought it was just me until I played with a guy who had a board that was mostly old EH stuff. He loved them but was always taking things apart and did more fixing then playing.

I really wanted to get a POG when they came out and have been tempted by the SMMH but I don't trust anything they make.

• Members

I don't know that I hate any brand... I do really dislike EMG products... they sound lifeless and stale to me.

Seriously. Active pickups are lame. I still have to switch out the EMGs in my J Bass cause I bought it that way and didn't have any money to replace them.

• Members

I'm not a real big fan of Skreddy. Don't get me wrong, the guy makes quality stuff. I just don't like the whole "make a pedal, sell a pedal, discontinue pedal" practice. It seems overdone.

You're missing something here -- he didn't just discontinue them for the sake of discontining. A lot of his pedals have components that are hard to find ... and w/out parts -- he can't continue to make stuff.

And I agree ... EMG active pups are also on my hate list.

Archived