a currently popular brand that you hate the MOST...

cg_25

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SG's.

Damnit I hate them. I don't really like how they look, and I hate how they sound and feel when I play them.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice looking SG's...just not most of them. Also, I've heard many a guitarist get some DAMN FINE sounds out of one...but when I pick one up it's just like "ick...no resonance whatsoever."

That's just me, though.

Strats are starting to grow on me a bit, I'm just not a fan of the bridges or the knob placement (too close to the strings, imo, I don't do a lot of knob work). But man, sometimes you just need the feel of a vintage-radius strat to get the sweat out.

• Members

eh, to each his own i guess. boss has been stepping it up lately.

the space echo is amazing bottom line. the slicer looks awesome. and you know how much i love the od3. recently, ive been totally gassing for a rotary ensemble. that thing looks awesome and sounds cool too.

The RT-20 is ON MAH LIST.

• Members

I don't like any guitar you can buy at GC for over $1000, come on do you think it really cost a $1000 to make most of those guitars, most factory made and made in another country, might be assembled in the usa. The paint jobs blow. now and again you might find one worth it. Some pedal companies are overrated, i don't like digitech, most boss not all, some of the ibanez, heck even some of the ehx are not that good. line 6 is ok some good some bad. and for the rest they are not even good enough to mention. (remember this is all "popular" brands) And what is up with all the strat hate come on now each style of guitar is good for something. I love my strat, it is a MIM and fully modded to what i want. I know the stock stuff on it sucks, but let me tell you the neck and body are all made in the same spot as the american ones. the electronics all come from Japan.
If you don't like a strat, then do you like the overratted and over priced Gibsons? MEtal guitars?

This is just a generallized and opinionated post, DO NOT take it personal.

• Members

SG's.

Damnit I hate them. I don't really like how they look, and I hate how they sound and feel when I play them.

Don't get me wrong, there are some nice looking SG's...just not most of them. Also, I've heard many a guitarist get some DAMN FINE sounds out of one...but when I pick one up it's just like "ick...no resonance whatsoever."

That's just me, though.

You haven't played any decent ones. Here's my '66, resonance is it's middle name.

2699982625_6007251c6b_o.jpg

• Members

SG's. Damnit I hate them. I don't really like how they look, and I hate how they sound and feel when I play them.

What do the Brand 'SG' make...I don't think I've heard of them before?

• Members
Say wah!? You need to talk to my good buddy, Arne!

http://www.vintagegitar.no/

Yup, there's him and one more shop that sells teh good stuff :thu:
But they're not shops that you just walk into and buy stuff, for most people.. They're not located in the biggest cities, and Norway is a country that takes a long time to travel.. So most people can't go and try out cool boutique stuff in stores :cry:;)

• Members

I use to not really like Stratocasters, but after hearing Curtis Mayfield and Michael Karoli I really love them. Especially with the big head stock. I wouldn't say I hate anyone thing, but I'm pretty sick of seeing Jazzmasters and Telecasters. I don't care much for boss either, but they have some okay stuff.

• Members
I used to hate Boss...But I was young and foolish back then, I used to think that expensive booteek and Rare vintage pedals were always better.
:facepalm:

I think they make (and have made) some superb pedals.

• Members

I don't hate Strats, but think their ilk is a source of most irritating tones including ball-less distortion, and am SICK of effects demos using them, in the end about all I can tell is "well it was a Strat".

Now BC Rich never really grabbed me but do make some nice gitfiddles, and this ought to be avail. as a guitar:

468349.jpg

And by some weird coincidence it's called the Zombie.

And I'm not even sure what to make of this, except it's wild:

547812.jpg

• Members
SG's.

That's just me, though.

+1

I know a lot of people love SG's but i just don't like how they play and how the neck feels. The TOM and the flat top just feel strange to me and IMO there's nog resonance what so ever. It feels like i'm playing a lump of wood instead of a guitar.

all IMO offcourse :wave:

Archived