Unpopular and/or cheap pedal that you love........

NappyDugOut

• Members

Ibanez Soundtanks.

I have the following from this line:

Echomachine

Black Noise

Super Chorus

Cyberdrive

The $15 Super Chorus sent my Cool Cat Chorus to Ebay.

The Black Noise is a neat, bottom heavy, semi-unique distortion pedal.

The Cyberdrive is a fairly new addition, but it has justified its cheap price tag.

I bought the Soundtank Tremolo for a friend, and it sounded darn good as well. You can't beat these Soundtanks for the mere $20-$30 these things go for...at least the ones I have tried anyway.

The Echomachine gets some love out there, but should get ALOT more praise IMO. Fantastic delay. I have a friggin' Moogerfooger Analog Delay and an Empress Superdelay (among other delays), and I still have place for this Soundtank and think highly of its tone. I am always on the lookout for a second one at a cheap price. I predict if I ever get some recording equipment, and post a demo of it, this pedal will become the next big fad on the forum.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Boss GT-3 multi effects. I've tried to replace it as part of my big-ass pedalboard but I just can't dump the thing. It just does too many things too well for it's size. I've got two backups in my closet.

Digitech Bass Synth Wah. I don't use it for much, sometime just one note in a set, but it's a really cool note. Something like BWWWAAAAAAAANNNnnnnggg.

• Members

over the summer, during my visit to the Philippines, i picked up a sweet octave down effect by a company called "Boston Engineering"... pretty much a Boss OC2 with a fuzz feature. Not bad for $40. I tried searching for pics, but none can be found via google. Tomorrow, i'll post a pic of it; just couldnt find my USB cable for my digicam.

• Members

Ibanez Soundtanks.

I have the following from this line:

Echomachine

Black Noise

Super Chorus

Cyberdrive

The $15 Super Chorus sent my Cool Cat Chorus to Ebay.

The Black Noise is a neat, bottom heavy, semi-unique distortion pedal.

The Cyberdrive is a fairly new addition, but it has justified its cheap price tag.

I bought the Soundtank Tremolo for a friend, and it sounded darn good as well. You can't beat these Soundtanks for the mere $20-$30 these things go for...at least the ones I have tried anyway.

The Echomachine gets some love out there, but should get ALOT more praise IMO. Fantastic delay. I have a friggin' Moogerfooger Analog Delay and an Empress Superdelay (among other delays), and I still have place for this Soundtank and think highly of its tone. I am always on the lookout for a second one at a cheap price. I predict if I ever get some recording equipment, and post a demo of it, this pedal will become the next big fad on the forum.

echomachine is good. but i didnt like the blacknoise, i was hoping to, but it didnt seem to warm me to it

• Members

umm well its good at the end of a long chain of pedals. it lets you bring some brilliance back in to your sound. Also if you use a lot of fuzzes/dirt pedals you can use it afterwards to change the sound of them completely. really great for solo sections or parts that need attention drawn to them.

but yeah if you just plugged it in like this: Guitar->Enhancer->Amp, then thats a major fail

• Members

umm well its good at the end of a long chain of pedals. it lets you bring some brilliance back in to your sound. Also if you use a lot of fuzzes/dirt pedals you can use it afterwards to change the sound of them completely. really great for solo sections or parts that need attention drawn to them.

but yeah if you just plugged it in like this: Guitar->Enhancer->Amp, then thats a major fail

yeah, I just tried it alone. then enhancer->distortion and vice versa, but not at loud volumes. maybe I should give it a second shot.

Archived