Unpopular and/or cheap pedal that you love........

NappyDugOut

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
echomachine is good. but i didnt like the blacknoise, i was hoping to, but it didnt seem to warm me to it

I don't know what is wrong with me, but I love the Ibanez Black Noise. It's a great bottom heavy distortion for drone chord stuff. But my ears must be {censored}ed, because, Jumbo Fuzz excepted, no one seems to like these. And they go for $30 on ebay all the time. :idk:

• Members

man, I specialized in cheapies. Too many to list.

Though I think the most hilarious one is the DE-7. I think it may just be my favorite among some serious contenders: Malekko E600, DMM, and two Arion SAD-1's (DM-2's already gone)

Also, I've mentioned this in a few other threads... I LOVE the m-audio expression pedal. yeah it's plastic, get over it ;) I have three. I'll have more soon.

Oh, and my secret weapon dirt is the Yamaha OD-100. never seen another on a board.

• Members

DOD FX90. There are so many analogue delays out there, and I'm sure some are better, but for the price I can't see myself ever buying another analogue delay. It's probably worth mentioning that I don't use a ton of delay and pretty much never use long delay times (unless I'm trying to get weird sounds out of this, it gets all crazy when you up the delay times).

• Members
Bad Monkey. Awesome. 4 different amps, it always make it. (Amazing with tube amps, level up, gain down).
GCB95. I don't want any other wah.
Tuna Melt. I have had to rehouse it, great pedal though.
OC2. I don't know if this is unpopular, but you can find it used cheap and it's a great octaver.
:thu:

• Members
Bad Monkey
. Awesome. 4 different amps, it always make it. (Amazing with tube amps, level up, gain down).

GCB95
. I don't want any other wah.

Tuna Melt
. I have had to rehouse it, great pedal though.

OC2
. I don't know if this is unpopular, but you can find it used cheap and it's a great octaver.

:thu:

i agree with all of those. ive never tried the tuna melt, but i've jammed with guys that have had it and it always sounds good.

• Members
ive never tried the tuna melt, but i've jammed with guys that have had it and it always sounds good.

At first my only issue with the tuna melt was the little on/off switch. You can easily fix that "glueing" a strap button to it:
tunamelt-strap02.jpg
Bizarre, but effective :thu:

Finally I have had to rehouse it due to the fact that the bottom plate got loose... so yes, plastic, but great pedal. ;)

• Members

Zakk Wylde overdrive, still one of my faves. If it was re-released with a more popular endorser a lot of people would cream themselves over it.

And I agree with machine gunner about the Arion SFL-1. Great flanger which I think I paid

• Members

Many of these pedals seem either well liked AND cheap, so I'll fire one in and explain why...

DOD fx57 hard rock distortion

It's a rather beefy sounding OD/distortion with a *very short* built in delay courtesy of those MNXXXX chips they used to put in chorus and flanger pedals - stock, only providing a few miliseconds for a doubling effect.

However, a wee twist of the trimmers inside offers up a world of awesome - the delay becomes VERY lofi and toward it's upper limits (now well over a second) it gets r e a l l y bitcrushed and actually repeats the signal an octave or THREE lower that the original note. I've pfaffed around inside some more and modded it to allow me to belnd out all the dry signal as well for extra versatilty. This pedal is also amazing in a FB loop.

Recommended for tweakers!

Archived